PACE ELEVEN: Realization

We don’t have classes on weekends, so I just slept in bed almost all Saturday morning...

While in thought of my plan to visit Amethyst again, today; I smelled something sweet---cupcakes!

Mom may be baking, but what’s the occasion, though?

Anyway, cupcakes would be a good ‘get well soon’ gift for Amethyst.

I should get up now and eat lunch---I’m starving...

“Hey, Mom!” I greeted her when I got downstairs. I instantly walk towards the kitchen. “That smells so good.”

“Really? That’s so sweet for you to say, son.” she replied while I see a very nice smile on her face. “Here, have a taste.” she handed me half of the cupcake that she sliced into two.

“Sure, Mom.” I said, taking a bite at the cupcake. “Mmm, melon flavor with vanilla cream filling; this is delicious!”

Her smile brightens, “You really know how to warm my heart, Winter.”

“But wait, isn’t this Greg’s favorite flavor of cupcakes?”

“Yes, that’s right. He called earlier, saying that since you’re not visiting at the mansion, he’ll be the one to visit here after lunch, so I thought of baking some cupcakes for him... Having such a sweet tooth for a boy is somewhat rare, after all...”

“Oh, yeah; I called him last night and he mentioned about visiring here.” I replied, chuckling.

“Anyway, aren’t you hungry? Let’s have some lunch, now.”

“Truthfully, I’m starving, Mom.”

And she tittered at that.

~***~

After eating lunch with Mom, Greg came at our house around 1:00 p.m.

And right now, he’s munching the cupcakes my Mom made for him. He seems enjoying it a lot.

“There’s only one and a half day left for Aunt Raimy’s vacation. I heard from Mom that she’ll need to sleep in the mansion from Monday to Saturday...” Greg said after finishing his second cupcake.

“No kidding?! She still haven’t talked to me about it...”

“She can only come home here on Sundays... Mom really needs her at the mansion.”

“Is that so...?”

Mom will surely ask me if I want to live in the mansion again, but this house would be kind of useless if we only sleep here every Sunday...

Suddenly, Greg’s phone rings and he quickly answered it, “Hello, Mayca?”

Hm? A girl...?

“No, I’m not at home right now... ... Alright, I’ll go there later---3:00 p.m.”

After saying those, he ended the call.

“May I ask who Mayca is?” I asked, smirking.

“Well, she’s the girl I’m currently courting...”

“Really, now...?”

“Yes...”

“Since when?”

“Since the day you and your Mom moved out; I just don’t want to tell it to you until the day she finally agreed to be my girlfriend... But I guess you learned about it sooner.”

“Well, I’d like to congratulate you in advance, then; I’m sure you’ll get her sooner or later.” I said that made him chuckled. But then, I suddenly thought of Amethyst... Actually, she’s mostly in my mind these days... “Ah, Greg... I just want to ask... When was the time you realized that you love Mayca...?”

“Huh? Um...” he became quiet for a moment, probably deep in thought. “Ah... To tell the truth, I don’t know when; I just felt it.”

“What did you felt?”

“I became more and more embarrassed whenever she’s around and yet, I feel comfortable, too. I always want to see her and most of all, I always think of her---every morning, when I wake up until the time I will go to sleep...” he said while looking at a distance.

“Oh...” It’s the same feeling I felt yesterday... And a week before, Amethyst was kind of always in my mind...

“Why? Is someone making you feel the same thing these days?”

I laughed awkwardly at that.

“Oooh, I know that laugh!” he commented, laughing excitedly. “Now, I’m certain that there really is someone. But don’t worry, I won’t push you to tell me who it is if you’re not that ready.”

“W-well, I’ll just tell you that she’s a junior. If the time comes, I’ll introduce her to you.”

“I’ll wait for that day, Winter.” he said, chuckling. “By the way,” he put his hand on my right shoulder. “Mom said that you should come with us to the Musicians Contest next month. She’s going to be one of the judges there and it’ll be held on the City Hall’s stage. She and I won’t take ‘no’ for an answer.”

“It looks like I don’t have a choice but to come, then; so expect my presence to be there.”

“That’s great!” he said, laughing. “I’m certain you’ll enjoy it, because you’ll see people playing different intstruments.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Mayca would be participating in there as the biggest sponsor. She’ll also perform a short harmonica presentation.”

“Oh, if that’s the case, I’ll have a chance to see the girl who caught your heart, Greg.” I commented, chuckling.

And he just laughed at that.

In the end, he changed the topic, “Next time, you should be the one visiting me, okay? I just wanted to see your home, so I chose to visit you here.”

“Sure, Greg.”

~~~~~~~

AN: To be continued...