PACE SIXTEEN: My Choice

I picked out my cell phone from my shoulder bag when I felt like it is vibrating inside.

When I looked at it, I saw a message from Meylie, querying, ‘Did you get home safely, Amey?’

“Did someone text you or something...?” Winter queried while we are still outside the gate of their home. It has only been a few seconds ago when we arrived here.

“Ah, yes...” I answered while still looking at my cell phone.

Meylie must have been worrying about going home first... It can’t be helped, it is necessary for her to leave first and take care of her little sister...

I typed a reply to her immediately and sent it, letting her know that I am alright and that I arrived at home safely.

Scanning my phone’s inbox made me see a conversation from Winter...

It was from yesterday at 8:14 in the morning. This conversation was the cause of why I had a trouble of choosing whether I should give him a call or a message earlier...

I chose to reread his message and the reply I sent to him...

‘Hi, good morning, Amethyst; I just want to let you know that there will be a musicians contest next month that will be held in the City Hall’s stage...

You, sharing about your greatest dream made me think that you may want to go there and participate as one of the contestants.

I called Greg a little earlier and said that the audition is still ongoing until next Sunday... What do you think?’

What I replied to him that time comprised of five words---’I will think about it.’

I suppose this is the right time to tell him about my choice...

“Um, Winter... About what you messaged to me yesterday... I think I had made a choice---”

“Wait, that cut on your cheek really bothers me... Can we talk about that while I treat your wound?” he uttered, ceasing me from speaking.

“Huh? Um...”

“Come inside our house; I’ll treat it for you.” uttering that, he descended from his bike and opened their gate.

“B-but, Winter---”

“I won’t listen to your decision if you don’t let me treat it...”

He went inside their gate for a minute and parked his bike; then, went back to where I am.

“Come in, Amethyst.” he muttered as he stands next to their blue gate.

Is he really certain of this...? It will be so awkward if her Mom is also inside...

“Um, is your Mother at home...?”

“No, she’s not. She went to the Rodrigo’s residence for work and from Monday to Saturday, she’ll be staying there; so I’m all alone here almost throughout the week.”

“I-if that is the case, then...” It will be more awkward if it will be just the two of us there...

“Don’t worry, I won’t do anything stupid that would make everything awkward, so don’t be scared being alone with me. I just want to treat your cut, that’s all...” he stated.