PACE TWENTY EIGHT: Xannia

“Oh, this looks nice...” I mumbled to myself while picking out a navy blue v-neck sweater vest.

I’m also holding a black ‘all weather faux fur lined hooded parka’ and a white long sleeve polo shirt on my other hand.

Xannia and I quickly went here in the mall to buy a parka for me after treating the wound on my arm and after I said to her earlier that I don’t have parka in my wardrobe.

I only have jackets...

I asked why I need it before going to Haypri Area and she said that if I’m outside there without enough clothes to warm me up, I’ll freeze to death...

She also stated that it’s so cold at Haypri, because of the cursed mountain near the Haypri Village which throws off a lot of snow throughout the year.

She added that the one who cursed that mountain was the Soralisian’s ancestor before he sacrificed his power and himself for the sake of protecting the treasured stone of his tribe...

It’s kind of heroic if you ask me, but still, he did something that isn’t right, too...

“Are you still not finish choosing, Winter?” Xannia asked while her eyebrows are slightly furrowed.

“I’ve already decided on these three...”

“Okay, how about boots?”

“Huh?” I raised my eyesbrows at her.

“You’ll need that, too, you know... The snow in Haypri Village is somewhat thick, after all...”

“Ah, alright, after fitting this, I’ll choose boots next.”

“Don’t worry; I’ll pay for all of that.”

“B-but these are kind of expensiv---”

“I won’t take no for an answer, Winter. Don’t you worry; I got this.”

“Err...”

“Go on, now...” she said, smiling at me.

In the end, I let her pay for all those three clothes and also, for the brown ankle-length winter boots she chose for me.

After that, we went back to our house---or rather, my house...?

Before going upstairs, my eyes accidentally landed on my uniform...

“Ah, that reminds me, Xannia.” I said, catching her attention. “Don’t we need to say goodbye first to our teachers and friends at the Academy?”

“No need for that, Winter... After all, we won’t be coming back here, again...” she replied with kind of an unhappy face, but soon, she smiled at me.

“Oh, um... If you say so...”

I head straight to my room and put it all on...

I put on first a sleeveless shirt on my naked upper body, then, the polo shirt, sweater vest and the parka. I also put my gray scarf around my neck, covering the little part of my chin.

I wore a denim pants and lastly, the boots.

The clothes were comfortable to wear, but the weather here acuatlly don’t match up, making me all sweat.

But I think I kind of look cool in these clothes...

Ugh, Winter, thinking about that won’t help, you know...

“Winter, are you done?” I heard the muffled voice of Xannia from outside the door of my room.

“A-ah, yeah.”