9: First kiss

"Ladies and gentleman, I give you Valerie Ramirez." Leo announces as he opens the door.

"Stop, you're embarrassing me." I chuckle as everyone claps for me.

"Good job on bringing her back" Jackie says, fiddling with her controller.

"I barely did anything. She practically jumped in the car." He jokes, grinning at me.

"No I didn't!" I say.

"I swear I never saw someone pack a bag so quickly. She pretty much waited at the window for me to show up." Leo says.

"Liar." I mouth to everyone and he chuckles at me, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Well, whether Leo is a liar or not, I'm glad you're back." Hayley says, hugging me.

"Me, too. I honestly missed you guys." I say, grinning at everyone.

"Even me?" Max says.

"Yes, even you, Max." I say and he smiles at me.

"C'mon, let's get you unpacked before our presentation that starts soon." Hayley says, taking my bag for me.

"Presentation for what?" I ask her.

"We had to watch ToyStory and pick a word that pops into your mind and make up some shit about it." She shrugs and I chuckle.

"I love that movie. Shouldn't be too hard." I say.

||

"The word I chose is cowboy. I think every leader needs to me a bit of a cowboy. You know, a tough, protective sheriff that gets lonely sometimes. That's what Woody is. Who could lead those toys better than him? Slinky dog? Mr. Potato Head?" Leo says.

"Don't you dare insult Mr. Potato Head." Becca says and we all laugh.

"My turn." Max says and pulls up his powerpoint.

Wow, he's really going all out.

"Woody always recognized the danger before the rest of the toys, and he always took responsibility at the right time." Max said.

It then continued with Jackie, and then ended with Emma.

Overall, they all gave really good presentations. But I mostly agreed with Leo's. No, I'm not being biased. It was just more relatable to me.

||

"So, he's in the hospital now? I can't believe. it." Leo says, resting his arm on the edge of the couch.

"C'mon guys, let's party! That's what the Eagles get for messing with us!" Becca announces, turning on the music.

"Whoo!" Everyone cheers as they start to dance.

"Please turn the music off." Leo says in a stern voice and I turn to see him clenching his fist.

"Hey." I say, tearing my gaze away from the video game as I rub Leo's shoulder to try and help him calm down.

He looks at me and then back at everyone who's still
dancing.

"I said turn the music off!" Leo shouts, getting up from his seat next to me and everyone freezes.

The music then gets shut off and I awkwardly scratch my head.

"What is wrong with you people? How can you celebrate something like that?" Leo says.

"If this happened to us, the Eagles would do the same thing." Jackie says.

"Yeah, have you forgotten how they made you look like a ninja turtle?" Emma says, crossing her arms.