42: Something that can save you

"Leo." I slur while coughing as I try to move but I'm trapped as huge pieces of wood are over my legs.

Where the hell am I and why can't I move? I feel so stiff, what the fuck.

I begin to grunt as I slowly lift up my back, trying to scoot out from the pieces of wood that are trapping me.

Once I do, I grunt again as I turn on my stomach. I look at my arm and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What the hell is that?" I croak out, then lifting my head up to see a baby mouse.

Where even am I?

"Hey, you." I flatly say to the mouse and we runs over a wall and I see some water trail down it.

I decide to follow the mouse and move up, since I still can't move my lower body. I still don't know why.

The mouse then runs over to a little pond of water and I move towards it.

I grunt as I reach the edge of it. I cup some water in my hands and slowly drink it. I take a few more sips and then turn on my back, closing my eyes again.

                                         ||

"Valerie. Hey..." I hear a voice say, caressing my face and I open my eyes.

"Dad." I croak out, looking up at him.

He then picks me up, taking me out of the cave and into some fresh air.

He then sets me down on a rock and I try to open my eyes again.

"Valerie, sweetie. Wake up." Dad echoes and I open my eyes as the heavy wind blows against my face.

"But...where am I? What happened?" I ask him, still squinting my eyes.

"Everything's okay now, honey." Dad says, caressing my face.

"Where is everybody?" I ask, looking around for anyone I might recognize.

"Oh, my sweet girl." I hear mom say and I look up at her tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Enough with the banging already. Unbelievable. He's wasting his life trying to get accepted to some stupid leadership school." I tell mom and dad as I hear the faint noise of a basketball bouncing.

"The Greenhouse." Mom says.

"It's a brainwash factory." I mutter as mom and dad walk past me.

My face drops as I turn back to see my parents still walking while holding hands.

"Mom? Dad? Don't leave me! Don't leave me!" I yell and they disappear.

I close my eyes and all of the sudden, I appear at the Greenhouse.

I open my eyes and see Leo through the window so I walk over to him with a grin.

I hear him sing and the same smile I had drops once his voice suddenly changes and Alex's head is to me.

"No, stop!" I exclaim as he turns to me.

I walk away and begin to head into the storage room. Once I arrive, I turn my head to see Leo sitting down while holding a box. I let out a grin and take a seat across from him.

"What's inside the box?" I ask him.

"Something that will save you." Leo's voice echoes and he opens the box, revealing a mouse.

"What about you?" I ask and I suddenly hear a thudding sound.

"What? I can't hear you." Leo says.

"What will save you, Cruz?" I say a little bit louder.

"What are you talking about?" Leo echoes and the thudding noise becomes louder.

"Ahhh!" I scream, covering my ears.

                                        ||

"Ugh." I grunt as I open eyes, sitting up.

Hey, I can move now. What the hell?

"Everybody take three steps back!" I hear a faint voice shout as I look down at my arms.

Hey, that veiny stuff is gone. Seriously, what the fuck is going on?

I then hear a loud drilling and rocks start to fall down, making wood dust fall above me as well.

"Help! Help! I'm in here! Stop the drilling! Help!" I shout as I stand up and crouch down in the corner as the whole dam shakes above me.

I the see the mouse crawl to a corner and Leo's voice pops into my head.

"Something that can save you." He says into my head and I follow the mouse.

I'm gonna get out of here.