25: Eureka

"What am I gonna tell Brooke when she wakes up?" Daniel sighs, looking up from the papers.

"You can start by telling her she's not really your girlfriend." I tell him.

"I hadn't thought about that." He sighs once again.

"Hey, you're doing the right thing. We should start writing down the instructions." I say, getting up from my seat.

"Alright." Daniel says, gathering the messy papers into a neat stack.

"Shit." I say, trying to feel for the marker in my hoodie pockets.

"What?" He he says to me.

"I can't find you marker. I must've dropped it. No, no! What if I dropped it in Marcus's room?" I say, panicking.

"Hey, it's okay. Marcus wouldn't notice an alien siting on this table." Daniel says and I chuckle.

  ||

"The subject has to be calm and to have familiar objects around them." I say, reading aloud from the page of the chapter.

"Okay." Daniel nods.

"What calms Brooke down? You must know." I ask him.

"Oh, I know. Oreo. It's her favorite teddy bear." Daniel says and I chuckle.

"She has a teddy bear?" I say.

"Well, it's actually a panda bear. I can stop by Louis's house to go get it." Daniel suggests.

"Okay, what else?" I ask.

"Uh....she likes massages." He shrugs.

"Way too much information. Okay, look. It says here that we all need a hypnotic spiral." I say, turning the page.

"Really? I thought that stuff was only used in old sci-fi movies. Where do we even find one?" Daniel says.

"I know. Max!" I tell him.

"You sure we can trust him?" He says, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Absolutely. I'll ask Max and Jackie. They make a great team." I say.

"You sure?" Daniel asks me again.

"Daniel." I scoff, glaring at him.

"Alright. Well, then, we gotta go then quick. You find Max, I'll find Louis, alright?" He says, holding his hands up.

"Okay." I nod at him and we head out.

  ||

"A spiral? Are you serious?" Max whispers as Jackie looks at the page.

"Yes. Just follow these instructions." I whisper back to him.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" He questions.

"I'm sure you'll make it work, Max. No one can know about this besides the two of you. It's only the three of us." I tell them.

"The three of us and Daniel. I don't think Alex would be too happy about this." Jackie corrects me and I sigh.

"Please? And Alex and I are taking things slow." I beg her and she nods.

"What are we gonna do about Marcus and Judy?" Jackie says.

"First, let's wake up Brooke. That's our top priority." I tell her.

"I can't believe we're going through the all this effort for that diva." Jackie says.

"Jackie!" I exclaim at her in a whisper.