31: Unreal

"Marcus!" I yell.

"Marcus! Wake up!" Mom says as we kneel down to him.

"Marcus! Marcus! You have to let Leo and Alex in! Come on, press the button! So close! Press it!" I shout as Marcus starts to get up, limping to the desk.

Mom then points to the the timer and I huff as my body starts to shake.

"Yes." Mom says.

"Yes, yes, yes!" I shout to Marcus as he presses the button.

"Valerie!" Leo shouts as him and Alex run over to us.

"There's a bomb!" I yell.

"Where?" Leo says.

"There! In there!" I point to the back.

"Okay." Alex pants as him and Leo run over to the door.

"C'mon, you gotta open it!" I shout as they begin to struggle.

"How do we get the door open?" Leo says to me.

"There's a special key that unlocks the door. They took it with them." Mom says.

"Just go! Go! Leave! Go!" I shout at them as they stop banging on the door.

"We're not leaving you here. There's gotta be a spare key." Alex says.

"Could it be this?" I ask, holding up the grey prism I found earlier.

"How did you-"

"I found it in your safe. Go, go!" I exclaim, cutting mom off as I hand it to Alex and he takes it from me.

"C'mon, hurry!" Leo yells as the timer is down to fourteen seconds.

"C'mon, yes!" I exclaim as Leo and Alex get the door open.

"Let's get it out of here!" Leo says as him and Alex pick it up and bring it over.

"Alright, careful, careful." Alex says.

Leo and Alex run out with it and I hug mom as I hear the big boom from inside.

||

"Guys?" I say, running out from the cave as I look around.

I then turn my head to see Leo and Alex getting up.

"Thank god." I pant as I run over to them, hugging them tightly.

"Thought you could use a souvenir." Alex says to me, holding up the grey prism.

I chuckle as I take it from him.

"Mom!" I hear Carter shout and he runs down the hill, jumping into her arms.

"Honey." My mom sobs as Carter rocks her back and forth.

"I can't believe this is happening." Carter says, pulling away from her.

"Me neither sweetie." She says and I chuckle, turning away as I bend down, feeling the urge to throw up.

"Oh my god. This isn't real." I sniffle, then standing back up.

"I think it's time we had a proper introduction. Hi, I'm Stacy Ramirez." Mom says to Leo.

"Leo." He grins, shaking her hand.

"Alex." He grins at mom, shaking her hand.

"My daughter has good taste." Mom jokes and we all chuckle as I wipe my eyes.

"I think there's someone else to see you." Leo says, looking at mom and I and mom turns her head to see dad running over to her.

They hug and I smile, leaning my head on Carter's shoulder.