46: Setting up

After Alex and I's movie date last night, I felt a little better. It was actually really nice to spend some time with him.

"Hey, babe! What are you doing today?" I greet Alex as I see him walking toward me through the mirror with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"Let's see...um, homework, I have to study for a oceanography test. Oh, I definitely wanna shoot some hoops today. And with everything that's been going on, my game had been off." Alex says.

"You probably should've shot some hoops instead of taking me to that movie." I say, still brushing the ends of my hair.

"Are you kidding? And miss a chance to take my girl out on the town? Never." He says and I chuckle, turning to him.

"You're right. It was a really nice night. I mean, with you. The movie sucked." I say, wrapping my arm around his neck.

We both chuckle as I kiss him. We're interrupted as my Louie goes off.

"Um, who's texting you?" Alex asks.

"I don't know. It could wait." I shrug at him.

"I can...I can check if you want." He says and I weird tone.

"No, I got it." I sigh, pulling away from him and open up my Louie.

Thanks, mom.

"Oh, it's my mom. She says she wants everyone to come back and help her set up for the conference. I guess it's back on." I say.

"Oh, cool." Alex sighs and I look up at him.

||

"You need some help, babe?" I ask Alex as he seems to struggle a wall or curtain of some sort.

"Oh, nah, I got this." He chuckles and I hear him grunt as his hand slips off.

"Are you sure?" I ask, setting my Louise down.

I then put my hands on the edges of the wall, clasping it tightly.

"C'mon, I'm getting old down here." I joke, looking up at him.

"Right." He chuckles and we start to move it.

"A little to the left." Sophie says to us and Alex and I shift it over to the left.

"No, no, no, see, go back right." Parker says.

"And higher." Sophie says and I nod, pushing the board higher and I grunt as I feel the veins in my arms about to pop out.

"Oh." I help as the board slips from my hand.

"Guys, no, no, no. Stop. It's fine where it is." Parker says.

"No, it's not." I tell Parker as I try to push it higher once I regain a little strength again.

"Girl can overcome a deadly virus, but she can't handle this." Alex says, chuckling and Parker nods at him.

"C'mon." I tell Alex and he nods, turning to him.

Alright, just...it has a thing up here." Alex trails off to me.

"Okay." I say, trying to hook it in.

My hand then slips again and I groan.

"No, no. We lost it." I chuckle.

"You gotta bring it to the left." Alex tells me and I nod at him.

"So, the chair have to be placed in a perfect semi circle, so no one feels more important then anybody else. Massaging the techies' egos are their egalitarian beliefs at the same time is very important." Brooke says and I chuckle as I try to open up a couch of some sort.