34: Keeping things quiet

"Now, what were you thinking? Drinking that water? And not calling for help?" Dad asks me as I slowly sit up.

"Carter wanted to drink it but I wouldn't let him. I didn't want him to get sick. And I guess, I trying to win." I croak out, coughing a bit.

"Oh, as always. Why would you risk your own life? Neither of you should've drank that water." Dad sighs at me.

"I know. I'm sorry, dad. It was a stupid decision." I say.

"As long as you're alright." He says, holding my hand and I grin up at him.

"Hey." A voice says, knocking on the door and I look to see Carter, Daniel, Parker, Brooke, Leo and Sophie standing by the door.

"Hi guys. Can you give a minute?" I ask dad and he nods as he smiles at them, then leaving the room.

I don't know why Leo's here. He didn't even care that I was literally dying in front of him. 

"Sophie, are you okay?" I ask her.

"Are you serious? I should be asking you that. You saved my life. Thank you." Sophie says and I grin as she hugs me.

"Don't mention it." I say, amusingly raising my eyebrows as she chuckles.

"Sophie and I got you this. Carter told us you like lions." Parker says, holding out a stuffed lion.

"Oh my gosh, thank you. You guys didn't have to get get me anything." I grin as Parker hands me the lion. 

"C'mon, everyone loves stuffed animals." Brooke says and I chuckle, nodding at her.

"Don't ever do that again, okay?" Carter tells me.

"Do what?" I sat.

"Risk your life to save mine and drink dirty river water." He says and I smirk at him.

"Can't promise anything." I say and he playfully rolls his eyes, kissing my head.

"Go with mom and dad, I'll be fine." I tell him and he nods, leaving the room.

"We're gonna wait for you, okay?" Sophie tells me and I nod as her, Daniel and Parker leave the room.

"Where's Alex?" I tell Leo.

"Him and Hayley went to get you something." He says. 

"Okay." I flatly say, nodding at him as I look at the cute lion in my hands

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

"Oh, now you care?" I scoff at him.

"I've always cared about you, Valerie. But you never did for me." He says.

"Don't you dare say that. I was literally dying right in front of you and you did nothing. You just fucking stood there next to Becca. I bet she took the iodine pills." I say.

"I'm not gonna argue with you. I really came here to make sure you were okay. If something worse had happened to you, I wouldn't know what to do." Leo says, sitting on the edge of the hospital bed.

"Yeah, okay." I nod at him.

"I mean it Val. I...I still love you." He says, putting his hand on top of mine and I look up at him.

"Hey, babe." Alex says and I quickly pull my hand away from Leo.

"You should go. Becca's waiting for you." I tell him and gets up and leaves the room.

"Hey, best friend." Hayley grins.

"Hey." I grin as Alex walks in with gifts and so does Hayley.