49: Fighter

"Or what? It's adorable that you think you have anything to bargain with. Listen to me, partner. You're gonna do exactly what I tell you to do or they'll be dead." Eric says to my dad while holding my Louie screen.

I let out a muffled grunt through the duct tape on my mouth and I harshly kick against the van, glaring at Eric.

"Be smart for once in your life, Michael, and your daughter stays alive." Eric says, looking at me and I try to break free from the handcuffs, kicking the van again as I stare him.

I swear to god, this fucking bastard.

"Now, listen to me..." Eric says as he puts the Louie behind his ear and I clench my teeth as I harshly kick against the van again, trying to get out of the handcuffs.

                                      ||

"Hey, guys. I hate to brag, but I need to show you something. Five million." Eric says as he shows us his phone.

He really thinks I give a shit.

"Not bad for an hour's worth of work, huh? Your dad really must love you, because he just let eight  psychopaths into the school to save your life. Which is a shame, cause I was promised five million more to kill you both." Eric says and I growl through the tape, kicking against the van again. 

"Do it." I try to say but the tape is still on my mouth.

Eric then walks over me and rips the tape off my mouth, then kneeling down to me.

"What did you say?" He asks me.

"I said do it. But just take me and let Leo go. He doesn't have anything to do with this. This involves my family and I. Not him." I breathe, glaring at him and I hear Leo growl at Eric.

"Ah, Valerie. Always there to protect her loved ones. Always there to risk her life to save someone else's. That act is over now. You two are the only ones immune to the virus and are able to save everyone. And that's why I've captured you both, to make sure that doesn't happen. So, any final words before I kill everyone you guys care about? Including your father, Carter and Stacy?" Eric says, looking at me and I clench my jaw.

"I'll see you in hell. Because by the time we're out of here, I'm gonna put you in the fucking ground." I say to him and he chuckles at me.

"Valerie, Valerie. Such a pretty name for a pretty girl. Such a shame you were just a mistake all along." Eric says as he tucks some hair behind my ear and I hear Leo growling, trying to get out the handcuffs as he kick the van.

"Fuck you." I spit, pulling away from him and he puts the tape back on my mouth and I look back at Leo, letting a single tear slip from my icy blue eye.

"What can I say? Life sucks. Let's not get emotional about this. It'll be over soon. I promise." Eric says and I look over to the box that's beeping with a timer.

He flips over the switch and presses something and I whimper as I kick against the van again. There's a minutes and twenty six seconds left.

I look at Leo in panic and he looks back at me, his face all red and full of anxiety.

Eric then turns around and walk away but he stops in his tracks as I see Alex look at him. My eyes widen and I whimper, signaling for Alex to free Leo and I immediately. Alex then looks at the timer on the box and Eric throws the first punch.

Alex blocks it and punches Eric a few times in the stomach. Eric then kicks Alex to the ground and puts him in a head lock.

I grunt as I kick the van again, this this time slipping my wrists down to try to get out of handcuffs.