↘︎ chapter seventy-seven

77 | 107 years old

It was not easy for Marley Macmillan to study for Auror and visit the Ministry while all these riots were happening, and it was plagued by the Death Eaters, including Yaxley, who, after that incident in the Burrow, despised Marley. Marley and George spent their third anniversary at Diagon Alley's apartment with Fred and Angelina.

For now, they were living normally, with the only difference being that they had to read Daily Prophet and find out what horrors had happened in Hogwarts this year. Marley wanted so much to help all the students there, but it just couldn't happen. She had to put up with it, though her mind was rebelling against the new Headmaster Snape, the Death Eaters and all the dementors around the school.

"I really wished we could do something," said sadly Marley, while she and Lina were carrying the cups of coffee for the fourth of them. They had just laid the table for breakfast and the twins came to the room with their suits and grins.

"Don't be so sad," Angelina tried to comfort Marley, but the dark-skinned girl wasn't feeling happy at all. Her best friend sat on the table and took the new Daily Prophet. "Of course, it's awful Death Eaters are Deputies at Hogwarts and all that stuff, but we can do literally nothing."

"I wished Harry was here," Marley sighed but she didn't know where her brother was. It was sunny and rainy March, the Easter break had just started at Hogwarts. Marley knew so much of her friends were still at Hogwarts, during this torture and she wasn't there to help them.

Fred and George had grabbed their cups of coffee and dried their drinks in one go and headed for the door. Marley's face flushed even more. "Aren't you going to stay for breakfast?"

"We're so busy at the moment," replied Fred, looking sadly at the girls. "If you don't have a lot of work, you can to the shop and help us."

"I have to go to the Ministry." said Marley, while Lina... well, her friend was trying to find something to do but she told Fred she'd come to help in the joke shop after breakfast. But a minute a silver weasel entered through the open window. It was a Patronus and when the silver animal opened its mouth, it spoke with Arthur Weasley's voice.

"We are already a target for the Death Eaters and it is not safe to stay at Diagon Alley. Today, the family is moving to Molly's aunt, Muriel. We will await your arrival today. Be careful."

Mr. Weasley's Patronus faded and remained only a silver mist. The four of them looked at each other in bated breath. That was not good at all. Now they would be hiding for God knows how long.

"Go pack the luggage," said George. "We have to take some things from the shop before we go. Marley, you're not going to the Ministry."

Marley didn't even protest. The two girls went to pack the luggage with all the things they would need, while Fred and George were probably taking some goods from the shop. In half an hour the four of them were ready to Disapparate from the apartment.

"We're making home deliveriers," explained Fred, after Angelina asked about the enourmous bags with Weasley's Wizard Wheezes goods. "May this gowk will not object."

"Don't call your great-aunt gowk, Fred," scolded him Angelina but Fred, George and Marley just laughed. Aunt Muriel was a really selfish and rude woman, but according to George's words, she could cook deliciously. And she was always repeating she was one hundred and seven years old.

The four of them Disapparated from the apartment on Diagon Alley and landed on a green grass, with beautiful meadows and shining sun. In front of Marley was Muriel's residence or it looked more like a Manor. Muriel's big house was located not that far from the Burrow, near to Ottery St. Catchpole in Devon, England.