Prologue: Death and Revival of a Rose

Rose/Branwen/Xiao-Long Residence

Yang: age 8

Ruby:age 6

Y/n: age 5

It was just seemed like an Average day in Patch, A blonde haired man was reading the newspaper, while a black haired with red tips woman with silver eyes walks upstairs and knocking on the door. "Kids, Breakfast she opens the door and looks inside", she called out. She walks in and looks around, inside was a bunk bed on one side of the room and a small separate bed on the other. But no signs of the kids, but she did hear giggling quietly. She smirks a bit, "Oh dear...It looks like I get to have all the fresh batch of cookie all by myself." Suddenly she is tackled hugged by three small kids, giggling happily, The oldest kid was a young girl, who had blonde hair and lilac colored eyes named Yang. The second oldest girl, looked like an exact copy of her mother named Ruby While the littlest child was a boy with Black hair, but he had his mother's silver eyes., his name was Y/n.

"We got you mommy", Y/n says with a smile that could purge any darkness.

"Now we can get cookies", Ruby says cheerfully.

"Hehe ok, ok but first, its time for breakfast for you three." Mom says as she walks them downstairs with Yang, behind them as they towards the kitchen. They look over and see they're father. "Morning Dad," the children say happily. Their father looks up from the paper, smiling happily. "Well good morning, you three." their father replies. They take a seat, as their mom hands them plate of chocolate chip pancakes. As they eat happily, while the family eats they're breakfast, they hear the radio go on about the authorities still looking for a wanted mad Atlas scientist.

Their father looks at the three kids "So kids, you ready to get a visit from your uncle Qrow," he asked. The kids nodded happily, though all of them are excited to see Qrow, none are as excited as Y/n. Y/n had been Uncle Qrow's favorite kid in this family, but he felt there was something more to it than that. Later after breakfast, their mother and father went out to get some groceries leaving Yang in charge of the two. 

But then...their lives will change more ways than one. As the kids were playing together in the living room with there pet corgi, Zwei. Someone breaks open the front door, A man wearing a white coat holding a knife with a green glow at the edge of blade, walks inside with a wicked smile. Yang helps her two younger siblings and puppy try a place to hide. Man laughs crazily as he soon spots us and runs after us. Ruby screams out of window for someone to save them as Yang locks door themselves in their room and she and Y/n pushes dresser over to door barricading it. Yang runs over to closet opens it and tell Ruby and Y/n to hide in there But before Ruby did, she picks up Zwei opens the window and and puts him on window "Zwei, go find mom and dad please and hurry," Ruby begged and Zwei being the good puppy, barks and runs as fast as he can to find their mom and dad Soon she runs over to closet and hides. Yang soon follows inside and shuts the closet door close it. They hug each other shaking in fear as the door is blasted open and the man walks inside.

"Here little piggies...come out and play..," he says wickedly as he walks over to the closet. He then pulls open the closet smiling maniacally as the kids screams in fear. Suddenly thru the open window Qrow jumps in and kicking him into the wall. He looks to the closet to check on kids. "Uncle Qrow", they say with relief. 

"Stay here," he orders the kids, as he draws his sword out and blocks a attack from the mad man from behind. They're swords clash, Qrow pushing the man away the children. Y/n look with worry to see Qrow is somehow getting overpowered, pushing him into a wall. Dropping his sword, the man raises his blade to finish off his Uncle. Y/n could watch his Uncle die, that's when Y/n's aura surged as he runs out of Closet in high speeds. He gets in front of the attack. Ruby, Yang and Qrow's eyes widen in horror as they witness, as Y/n screams in pain, as he had saved his uncle but in doing so his shoulder and arm was slices straight off. Y/n crying in pain as blood dripped out of his sliced off arm. But he pushed thru it, grabbing Qrow's sword. The md man laughed as charges at Y/n, Y/n throws the sword at the mad man only for him to block it, and slice Y/n other arm off again. Y/n screams again in pain falling over.

Ruby, Yang and Qrow screams out, Y/n names as he falls on the side of wall. Qrow picks up the sword and with his rage, charges at the man, slashing him over as Y/n sibling rush over to, Y/n to help him, tears running down their face. 

"WHY DON'T YOU DIE," the mad man getting irritated of Qrow. "YOU DARE ASK THAT, WHEN YOU ATTACKED MY FAMILY, " Qrow shouts back. The man hurls his knife at Qrow only for him to dodge it, and with all Qrow's might, he send a barrage of slashes, slicing the crazy mans arms, legs. The man coughed out blood. Qrow points his sword at the crazed man panting. "You should have made your mark,"..The crazed man's snickers gleeful."I did make my mark," Qrow looks behind and his eyes widens with horror as he sees Ruby and Yang looking at their brother coughing blood looking down with the knife in his chest. 

Qrow looks back at Mad man as he laughs, he screams with rage slices the man's head off. He then drops his sword and runs to him. Y/n looking up at his sisters and his uncle, his pulse getting weaker and weaker, "U-uncle Qrow..I'm *coughs* sorry."

Tears runs down Qrow's face "shhhhhh" Ruby and Yang hugs her little brother sobbing "D-don't go Y/n stay strong," Ruby cries.

Y/n: "*coughs* Uncle Qrow...*his voice getting weaker*I'm scared.." Qrow closes his eyes and wipes Y/n tears away as Y/n closes his eyes and takes his final breathe and passes away. Qrows pulls the knife out and hugs Y/n's lifeless body. "I should have told you...I'm so sorry my son.." Qrow says with regret and sadness. Ruby and Yang look up tears running down, they hug Y/n's body. As they have lost their only brother, but unknown to them the knife cover in Y/n blood was no longer glowing.

2 weeks have past after Y/n's death, It was the middle of night, all was quiet above. Y/n opens his eyes taking a deep breath, noticing that he was trapped in a coffin. He looks around puzzled and scared on how he is alive, suddenly Y/n screams in pain as his body suddenly starts glowing green. He feels something growing out of where is arms used to be. Bone and flesh  come out of and scales form around his new arm. He screams in pain and help as soon his screams becomes a roars as he continues to mutate. Moments later at the beach, something shot out of the sand. The creature's reptilian feet stumbles a bit. His scaly claws pushes him back his feet, His back covered with sharp dorsal spines catches a small breeze, his tails swaying back and forth as he toward the water to see his reflection. He take one look and tear run down his face as, his bangs from his eyes covers his face as he roars out of sadness. As you see the feral silver eyes of a monster who was once a rose...