Chapter 12: Finding and Killing the Rat

Y/n P.o.V:

It has been one whole week since Roman gotten arrested and Neo's mutation. You were currently alone in your lab of the HQ. You're team had searching for Neo, but with no luck. You were also researching on the Vial that Roman had used on Neo. There was a single drop inside the vial that had mutated Neo. 

Emerald and Mercury walks inside your room. You turned to look at them, you hadn't gotten any sleep this past week. You see no Neo,

Y/n: *sad look* "No luck..."

Mercury: "No luck.."

Emerald: "Y/n...You should get some sleep...your sisters are worried about you.."

Y/n:*You turned around* "I'm fine..."

H.E.A.T: "Sir, the scan is complete...but you won't like it"

You: *look at the monitor* "Show me.."

H.E.A.T show you the chemical compound and you're eyes widen in horror.

Emerald: *worried* "Y/n what's wrong?"

Y/n: "The chemical compound....it's mostly my formula for Neo's cure..."

Mercury and Emerald's eyes widen in horror and shock what they just heard. They look at you as you sat down in a nearby chair, tears run down your face.

Emerald: "Y/n...I'm so sorry..."

H.E.A.T: "The second agent in this formula...seems to be a blood stream similar to Komodo Dragon."

3rd: P.o.V:

You all were silent for a long 5 minutes. Then some crosses Mercury's mind. 

Mercury: 'Hey..Boss?"

Y/n: "Yeah..."

Mercury: "Did you notice that the vial is smudged.."

Emerald and your eyes look at him confused but the you looked over the vial and you see smudges all over the vial.

Emerald: *get closer look* "They're finger prints, but they could be mine and Romans...I did pull out out the vial out of...Neo.."

Mercury: "Didn't boss take the doorknob from our old dorm?"

Emerald: "Yeah so?"

You: *you get what Mercury is saying* "Good thinking Mercury, there might be a small chance they tried might tried open it with their hand. Might as well double check. H.E.A.T scan for finger prints on vial and doorknobs*

H.E.A.T: "Scanning fingerprints....3 matches detected.."

You look at the monitor and the first you see is your profile on the monitor. 

Y/n: "That makes sense...next profile.."

Next profile that showed up on screen, is Emerald/

Emerald: "Then whoever is the last profile?"

Soon the last profile is shown on screen. All of your eyes widen in horror as you see had found the rat. You immediately got up and ran out of HQ and as lighting flashes above the entire city, you let out a monstrous roar and tunneled towards Beacon Academy.

At Beacon Ruby P.o.V:

Me and my team were currently in our room, with Team JNPR. We had promised Y/n that we will help try find Neo. But so far we had no luck. We were all discussing where Neo could be until my scroll begin to ring.I pick it up scroll to see its Emerald calling. I quickly answer it.