Chapter 8: Penny and Nigel

The opening ends to an overview of the street of Vale being decorated in time for Vytal Festival. Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloon are proudly on display and Team RWBY are strolling through it all with an awed Weiss Schnee in the front. A sign is being put up by the elderly Shopkeep that reads in bright red letters "WELCOME TO VALE!" for all the foreign newcomers from their respective kingdoms of Remnant.

Weiss: *stopping and raising her arms in amazement* "The Vytal Festival!Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!"

Ruby: "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss." *frowns a little* "It's kinda weirding me out...."

Weiss: *turning to Ruby* "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will b dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!" *They continue walking*

Yang: *sighs, arms crossed* "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sounds boring."

Weiss: "Quiet, you!"

Yang: *as they stop near the docks and the sounds of foghorns are heard* "Remind me again why we're spending our friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?"

Ruby: *covers her nose* "Ugh, they smell like fish!"

Emerald: *off-screen* "It's not that bad."

The girls look over to see Emerald, Neo, and Mercury walking over to them.

Ruby: "Hey guys, what are you all doing here?"

Neo: *text* "Well Mercury wanted to come and scout out the competition for the upcoming Vytal Tournament."

Blake: "Ah, so you guys were dragged too.."

Mercury: "Hey Boss, gave me permission to do it."

Yang: "He's here too." *looks around* "Where is he right now?"

Emerald and Mercury: "Fishing."

RWBY: "But he doesn't have a fishing pole."

Mercury: "Yeah, but he is a really good swimmer thanks to his mutation."

Yang: "Oh..well that's cool."

Ruby: *turns her head to the right* "Whoa." *the group looks at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking here over to the detective in front, who is writing on his pad.* "What happened here?"

Detective 1: "Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle." *walks over to his partner*

Yang: *sighs sadly* "That's terrible."

Detective 2: *off screen, to his partner* "They left all the money again."

Ruby: *turning her head when she hears this* "Huh?"

Neo: 'Sounds like Roman's handy work..'

Detective 1: "Yeah. just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?"

Detective 2: "I don't know, an army?"

Emerald and Mercury look at each other worried.

Detective 1: "You thinking the White Fang?"

Detective 2: *removing his sunglasses* "Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough."

Weiss: "Hmph! The White Fang." *crossing her arms and pointing her nose in the air with her eyes closed* "What an awful bunch of degenerates!"