III | The Invite

You follow him through the door, right into what looks like a suite

You follow him through the door, right into what looks like a suite. You walk into a lounge area with couches and a coffee table, and are astounded at the sight of Suga, V, and Jin, all occupying the couches. V is sleeping, Jin looks right at you, looks at Suga, looks back at you and gives you a nod, and you can feel Suga's eyes on you, but he doesn't say a word. You continue to follow Joon, who takes you to what appears to be a dressing room. An irritated RM storms out and right past you, and you notice an eyeroll following his sight of you. You can feel the tension—he almost bumped your shoulder, after all. You wonder what's wrong. 

Joon opens the door for you, allowing you to walk in, so you do

Joon opens the door for you, allowing you to walk in, so you do. Right before your eyes, sits Jungkook. He looks so delighted to see you. He stands up to shake your hand and with a delayed reaction, you hold yours out, speechless. He holds your hand for a second and smiles at you. "Thank you for coming. I am so happy you are here" he says. You blush and smile, still without words. "We will change clothes and then we going back to the hotel" he says, with broken English, but you understand. "Would you like to spend some time with me? At my hotel?" he asks. You can't believe it, but you agree and he smiles in excitement. He says something in Korean to Joon, who is still standing at the door. Joon looks at you and says "we plan to leave in twenty minutes. We will provide your own separate transportation to the hotel, shortly after the boys leave. The hotel is about 25 minutes from here. Is that okay with you?" "Yes, that's fine" you respond.

He invites you to have a seat...on the same couches that are occupied by Jin, Suga and V. You're alone, though, as Jungkook stayed in the dressing room...probably to change. You hesitantly sit down with them, as there's nowhere else to sit. The energy is off. They speak Korean to each other, not really acknowledging you. Jin offers you some of their snacks, but you decline. You just sit there, and J-hope walks out from a dressing room into the lounge and is surprised at your company. He says something in Korean—you don't know what, but you can tell he's asking something. Suga responds, and somewhere in his response, you hear him say "Jungkook" at least twice. "Ahhh", says J-hope, with a tone of slight disapproval. You know they're talking about you. It turns to awkward silence in the room. You've never been so uncomfortable. Jimin walks into the lounge wearing sweatpants, and is also confused at your company, but he politely says hello to you. You smile and say hello back. He looks around at the other members, as if to silently ask for answers. "JK", says Jin. "Ah, JK", Jimin replies. You want to get up and leave. Who would have ever thought meeting BTS would be this uncomfortable? Obviously, you're intruding, and you feel bad because you know they all must be exhausted from putting on such a strenuous show. On top of that, having a strange girl in their...dressing room? You're not even sure what this place is called.

Finally, Namjoon and Jungkook come towards the lounge, but they're arguing--loudly

Finally, Namjoon and Jungkook come towards the lounge, but they're arguing--loudly. V wakes up from the noise and looks directly at you. He then looks at RM and Jungkook and chimes into their argument. He motions his hand towards you while he's talking. It's you. They're definitely fighting because of you. You can tell V's trying to keep the peace. Jungkook walks over to you and greets you again. "Are you okay?", he asks, "Should..should I leave?" you ask him "No!" he says surprised, "no leave, it's okay" he says, "we are going to leave now". He takes your hand and smiles and says "I will see you soon. Joon will take you to me", he holds your gaze, just as he did on stage, but this time, you know you're the one he's looking at. You look into his deep, round eyes and it makes you feel warm; it makes you feel comfort. You smile and nod with assurance. He releases your hand and one by one, they walk out the door. On the way out, you see Suga put a comforting arm around RM's shoulder. Joon stays behind. "We will take you to the hotel," he explains, "but we must wait a few minutes. We don't want to meet any paparazzi". You understand. 

...