III | Bliss

Reading this sweet little note makes you smile bigger than you have in forever. It finally begins to feel real. On that note, you lift the blankets and tuck yourself in, with your body facing the window. You close your eyes and listen to the rain fall, breathing in the lavender and breathing in the rose. You feel the vibrations of the thunder. For the first time since that night in your home, you finally sleep.

While you're sleeping, the storm gets worse, filling the sky with lightning. At some late hour in the night, your hotel door finally opens. He's HERE. He walks in slowly and quietly, allowing you to remain sleeping. He sets his backpack down by the door. His footsteps tiptoe to the bedroom and find you, sound asleep. He smiles at the sight of you, relieved, as he knew there was a chance that you would not get on that plane. He crawls into bed with you, careful not to wake you. He moves in closer to you; you're still facing the window with your back to him. He reaches his arm out and puts it around you, hugging you from behind, and inching even closer. He strokes his hand up and down your left arm, and up to your face. He moves your hair out of your face and behind your ear. He slightly lifts himself to give you a long, soft kiss on your cheek. He lays back down and rests his head on your pillow and allows his body to sink in next to yours. He holds you.

You gradually come out of your sleep to warmth—to his gentle touch. You feel the softness against your cheek. And you wake to a cold, wet sensation that lingers on your face. You turn over, into the warmth. You open your eyes, still in a haze. You gasp. Jungkook smiles at you, soaking wet from the rain. "You're here!", you exclaim, in your quiet, sleepy voice. "I'm here", he says, sweetly, and puts his hand on your cheek. You bury your face in his chest. He wraps his arms around you and you wrap your arm around him, under his shoulder blade. Your legs intertwine, your left leg in between his and your right leg on top. You hold onto him with every limb and with all the passion of having not seen him eight months and thinking that you would never see him again. With these specific thoughts, tears come to your eyes—tears of, not joy, but bliss. You feel so close to him. You feel safe. He continues to hold you tightly and your tears soak into his jacket, camouflaging with the rain. You pull your head away from him so you can breathe. "I'm so happy you're here", you tell him, your face damp. He kisses you on the cheek to kiss the tears away. He kisses you on the forehead, once, twice, three times—repeatedly, before responding, "I'm so happy YOU'RE here".

 He kisses you on the forehead, once, twice, three times—repeatedly, before responding, "I'm so happy YOU'RE here"

The moment you were all waiting for

The moment you were all waiting for. Hope it was worth the wait. <3