XXVI | Whisper

...You get up to follow Jungkook. Namjoon grabs your arm. "Don't," he says, "give him a minute". "What is going on?" you demand...

Namjoon pulls you to the side, away from all the yelling. He takes a moment, as if to gather his thoughts. "Y/n", he says, "there's very bad weather coming to Korea soon. Typhoons. They just announced it while we were eating. Big Hit is demanding we go back to Korea right away. We have to leave tonight. Like, now, basically". You don't know what to say. No words want to come out. Finally, you ask, "Wouldn't it be safer to wait for the weather to pass?". "I asked. We can't. There's enough time to beat the storms and we can't push back our work schedule. I asked Joon already", he responds. "Why is everyone freaking out?", you ask, as you notice the yelling has NOT calmed down. "The members," he adds, "including me...they're angry because we spent, in total, about $1,000,000 on the penthouse. We split seven ways. We're not going to get that money back". "Holy shit", you respond, horrified. Namjoon stays quiet. "None of us want to leave", he says, "crew members already went to the hotel and emptied our rooms. They're making us leave". You feel terrible. "Y/n," he says, "I tried. I really did. I'm sorry". He sounds defeated. "I have to go talk to the members. Go check on Jungkook", he insists. You start walking toward the terrace--"And Y/n...", Namjoon says. You turn back to look at him. "He cares about you more than he cares about the money", he assures you and walks away.

You rush to the back and open the door to the terrace. You see Jungkook looking out to the city with his elbows on the ledge. He turns to look at you. You stay frozen in the doorway and burst into tears. "Come here", he says, opening his arms and walking toward you. You grab onto him with your face in his chest and sob, silently. You knew you were going to say goodbye, but you weren't expecting it to come to an end so abruptly. There was still so much more you had to do. Your special night, the penthouse, breakfast, the museum...you had so much more time with him and it's getting taken away. You didn't think you'd be this emotional, but you weren't expecting this much pain. You can't help it. As your face is against his chest, you feel his chest begin to suddenly move. You realize that he's starting to cry, too. You hold onto him and move one of your hands so it's on his head, massaging his scalp as he shamelessly unleashes his reciprocated sorrow and disappointment.

Together, you hold each other in the dead of night, with nothing but the noise of the city in the background. You don't talk. Instead, you reflect on these past two days you've spent with each other. They were beautiful. They were perfect. They were more than you could have ever imagined. After the crying has settled, you ask him, "What are you thinking about?". "You", he says as he breaks your hug. He reaches for your face. You reach for his, too, wiping his tears away. He leans in to kiss you, but he's interrupted. "Jungkook—", Joon says, "We have to go now". Jungkook stays silent, still holding your face. "Jungkook", Joon repeats himself. "No", Jungkook says. You're shocked. "I'm not going", he says to Joon, "go without me". Unsure how to respond, Joon disappears. You see Jungkook getting upset. "Jungkook, don't", you say, concerned. "Don't cause trouble", you plead. "I'm not leaving you, yet", he insists, and kisses you. You feel his anger as he kisses you. He bites your lip roughly, causing you pain. "Jungkook"—another interruption. Jungkook breaks the kiss and you both look to the door. This time, it's Namjoon. Joon, and Taehyung are with him. Namjoon speaks to him in Korean. Jungkook defensively responds, raising his voice. You grab onto his arm, trying to soothe him. Namjoon, however, remains calmly persistent, trying to talk sense into him. Taehyung also chimes in, trying to convince Jungkook not to be difficult. Jungkook doesn't back down. Namjoon sees the concern in your eyes and decides to switch to English. "We have to go back, JK," he says, "you can't be here alone. None of us want to leave, either. Everybody is angry, but you can't NOT come back with us. You're going to get into trouble". Namjoon looks at you and you look back at him. With his eyes, he almost communicates with you that he needs help. You speak up. "It's okay", you tell Jungkook, holding his hand, "go". He looks at you. "It's okay", you reiterate, "go". He looks into your eyes. You see the anger and pain in his. He looks helpless, but so you do. You have to be strong. "It's okay", you say, trying not to cry. "We have to go now, Jungkook", Joon says. Jungkook's lip quivers. He says something in Korean. They all turn around, but they don't leave. He must have asked for privacy.