XXIII | Morimoto: Part 2

"You look very beautiful, tonight", Jungkook tells you, looking into your somber eyes. You weakly smile—"thank you", you respond. Finally, the entrees start coming out. "Wow!", Jungkook says at the sushi, in response to its aesthetically pleasing presentation. You both try it. "Delicious", Jungkook says, astounded. You love his enthusiasm. The server comes back and asks if anyone wants a second round of drinks. Taehyung, Yoongi and Jimin go for it, but you decline. You're really tipsy at this point. You've had four drinks in an hour and a half. Besides, you know you're going to drink more when you get back to the hotel. You start to scope out the restaurant—you like to people-watch, after all. You notice Joon get up and leave the table, shortly after the entrees are delivered. You make brief eye-contact with Nabi and you smile at each other. You feel so grateful to be here. "What are you going to do for your birthday when you go back to Korea?", you ask Jimin. "Oh," he says, "sleep and party!". He has such a charming smile. The alcohol is making you very chatty. You feel compelled to tell Yoongi how much you appreciate him as an artist, but he's on the other side of the table. You make a mental note to tell him later.

"Y/n", Taehyung calls from across the table

"Y/n", Taehyung calls from across the table. You look at him. "Do you have recommendation for something tomorrow? As a local?" he asks. "Hmm," you think, "the planetarium is my favorite. The science museum is really cool. So is the art gallery". "Oh, art gallery", Taehyung says, with excitement. "Science museum!", Namjoon shouts. "No," interjects J-hope, "planetarium!". They begin arguing about where to go. "I think the birthday boy should decide!", you cut in. "Jimin, where do you want to go?" you ask him. Namjoon explains your recommendations to him. "I think", he starts, "science museum". Namjoon cheers in excitement. Jungkook holds your hand. "You're very..." he pauses, trying to find the right words. He says something in Korean. You can see the frustration that he doesn't know how to express himself as well as he wants to. "You're very fun. And bright. I like you, a lot", he says to you. You grab his face and kiss him, apathetic to the fact you're surrounded by people. "WOO!", yells a drunk Yoongi.

The server comes back to check in on you. "Where's your bathroom?", you ask her, and she directs you to the back of the room. "Do you want me to go with you?" Jungkook offers. "Yeah, if you want to", you smile. Namjoon gets out of the booth, allowing you two to scoot out. Jungkook takes your hand and you walk to the restrooms together. The entire upstairs seating is empty, and it becomes quiet, the further away you get from your two tables. You have to turn a corner to get all the way to the bathroom, so the seating is out of sight. "I'll be here", Jungkook says, as you walk into the bathroom. It's so beautiful and luxurious. You use the bathroom and wash your hands. You take a minute to touch up your face, gently bouncing a sponge over the center of your face. You check out your bruises. They're really dark, but your hair is doing a great job of keeping them hidden. "Black", you think, looking at yourself in the mirror. You're going to wear the black lingerie for Jeon Jungkook. You re-apply your lip oil and you leave the restroom to go find Jungkook. Sure enough, a very handsome Jungkook is waiting for you when you come out.

"Y/n", he starts, "I want show you something"

"Y/n", he starts, "I want show you something". He takes your hand and you walk a little further down the hall to a door that leads outside. He reaches for the handle. "Are we allowed?" you ask him, concerned. "Of course. I asked the workers", he smiles. He takes you outside to a terrace that is lit by candles everywhere and the perimeter is filled with gorgeous trees. There's a lot of seating, but it's empty. "Look up", he says. You look up and together, you watch the stillness of a million stars. He holds you from the back as you sit in silent admiration. "Jungkook," you say. "Yes, Y/n?", he responds. "I could fall in love with you", you confess.

He turns you around and gently places his hands on either side of your neck, taking hold of your face

He turns you around and gently places his hands on either side of your neck, taking hold of your face. You look into those mysterious, brown eyes. The same eyes that locked with yours from a stage surrounded by thousands of people. The same eyes that called you 'special'. The same eyes that had passionate sex with you on a dangerous rooftop. He holds your gaze for a moment before finally saying, "I could fall in love with you, too".