Chapter 6

It was just before four when we arrived at our first stop, Roanoke, Virginia.
"Right guys, we need to get right to it otherwise we're going to fall behind and well, be late." Matt spoke loudly. "Alex, Jack, get you're butts in here please!"
"Sup boss?!" Alex saluted as him and Jack appeared from the bunk area.
"Ok, right, so here's how it's going to go. The sound guys are just finishing the set up as we speak, they should be done in the next ten to fifteen minutes. Once they are done, your support acts will be doing their sound check first, and then it'll be you guys. If your backsides aren't in that venue backstage by quater to five, I will grant Ellie and Hayley permission to deal out your punishments. Straight after sound check, Alex, Rian, you two are required for an interview out front, the journalists name is Ashley. She will be waiting for you just inside of the gates. Jack, Zack, you two while their interview is going on will run through everything Ellie's going to need to know for guitar teching tonight. So make sure she knows which guitar Alex needs and when, what tuning, so on and so forth. Ellie, once you've done that and you know what your doing, please go find Evan here..." He pointed in Evan's direction. "And he will instruct you from there. If you have any questions or anything, he will be your main man to go too, or Danny who you'll meet shortly. Hayley you will be with me the entire night so you don't need to worry. Once that's all done, you can relax until show time, you're on at half nine, so I want all of you, backstage, ready by nine. After the show, you have roughly half an hour and there will be a quick meet and greet with all four of you and then you are free to do as you please. Does everyone understand?"
"All received boss." Rian nodded and we all nodded in agreement too.
"Alright then, Evan kindly ran out to get you guys some food while you all wait for sound check, so quickly eat up and let's get this first show on the road and kick ass! All in!" He held out his hand, palm down and we all got up and put our hands in. "Matty Mouse rules on three! One, two, three..."
"MATTY MOUSE SUCKS!" We all cried, it seemed we all had the same idea and burst out laughing.
"Now that wasn't very nice." Matt pouted.
"Awww it's ok Matt, you can't be loved by everyone!" I put my arm around his waist in a side wards hug.
"Yeah well...you can all suck my dick! I'd say my balls, but apparently this one has them in her bag." He laughed putting his arm around my shoulder and squeezing. "I would like them back though."
"Suck it up because you ain't getting them back." I grinned.
"Didn't think so. Alright, Hayley, want to come with me, and I'll show you quickly exactly what I have to do in a days work...you might want to grab some pen and paper to take notes."
"Aye sir!" She smiled and ran to her bunk to get her notebook out.
"It's cuter when you do it." He whispered quietly in my ear. My cheeks flushed crimson.
"Aye sir." I mumbled.
"Yo, Ellie, come here a sec!" Alex beckond me towards the bunks. Glup uh oh, what did he want? "Through here..." He took my hand and led to the back lounge.

"What's up?" I asked nervous.
"Nothing in particular, just wanted to make sure you where ok, that's all, I know you've never been away from home."
I inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. "Honestly Alex, I'm fine, yeah I'm missing home like crazy, but you're here, and the others are all really cool guys, kind of feels like a home away from home, ya know? All the laughing, the banter, the play fights and whatnot, it's exactly what I'd be doing at home with everyone, so I feel surprisingly comfortable."
"Yeah, they are great guys, I'm glad you and Matt have gotten close, because obviously me and the other three are going to be busy doing other stuff sometimes, interviews, shoots and whatnot so at least I know when Hayley's gone you got someone you feel comfortable around to hang with. I just worry about you Buttercup that's all, I know since Amanda died you've kind of felt the need to always be around for everyone, especially Carl and Jake. You pretty much became Jake's mum for all intense and purposes."
"Yeah, it was leaving Jake that was the hardest, but you know, I've adjusted, Carl's going to Skype us tomorrow so I can see him, and he keeps sending over pictures and video on Facebook. So stop it Chipmunk, honest I'm fine, I'm enjoying myself, I'm glad you did this for me, thank you." I wrapped my arms around his waist.
"I'm glad you agreed to come, it's so awesome having you around, kind of like the old days, you deserve it Buttercup. You worked so hard your whole life."
"It's worth it." I smiled up at him.
"Good, oh you like Pierce the Veil don't you?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Just checking, Vic's going to be joining us for the odd show to do Love Like War, in fact he'll be with us in California tomorrow night."
"Really? That's awesome!"
"I'll see if he can bring Jaime, I know how much you loveeeeee Jaime."
"Oh shut up!" I hit his chest. "He's a hot bass player and he's got a killer voice too."
"Hmm hot bass player? So you love Zack too?"
"God no, not after..." I shuddered thinking back to seeing him naked. "He's a cool guy and all but that will haunt me forever."
"Awww bless you! Come on, let's go eat food!" He smiled and we went back to join the others.