Chapter 15

"Happy birthday baby." I whispered in Matt's ear.
"Noooo, no birthday, getting too old." He moaned rolling over to face me.
"Yes birthday, and your not thirty yet."
"Close enough can we just, like, lay in bed all day and cuddle?"
"As much as I would love to baby, Evan wants me down the studio in an hour while Lex and the other three take you out for a birthday lunch, so move your cute little butt."
"Oh no, what have they planned this year?"
"All it is, is a birthday lunch then I'm taking my sexy hunk of a boyfriend out for dinner later and after, we're getting out the karaoke machine and having a few drinks at mine. Don't worry, I reined them in this year." Pleaseeee let it go, I'm shit at lying business
"Promise?"
"Promise." I nodded, crossing my fingers behind my back.
"Mmmkay." He yawned, finally opening his eyes properly.
"Here you go..." I rolled over, reaching down the side of the bed. "Here's your first present..."
"First?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Well, yes, because I'm not the only one who's brought you a present...and if I am, everyone else sucks!" I laughed.
"Well, that we already know." He chuckled and opened the gift I handed to him. Inside the wrapping was a Boston Redsox Jersery with 'Flyzik' and the number twenty seven printed on the back. "Awww, it's perfect baby, thank you. Also, nice subtle age reminder there, thanks."
"You're welcome." I grinned and kissed his cheek before moving my lips to his ear. "Now, if you join me in the shower...I'll give you present number two."
"Well, I'm not going to say no to that." He smiled cheekily, practically dragging me out of the bed and into the shower.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Alex, Jack, Rian and Zack called as Matt answered his doors.
"Hey guys, come in!" He smiled and let them in.
"Wheyyy there's Ellie!" Alex slumped himself next to me on the sofa.
"Where else would I be Lex? On the moon?" I rolled my eyes.
"No, but that would be pretty awesome!" Zack laughed.
"So Matt, a whole year older...how does it feel?"
"Shut it Jack!" He narrowed his eyes at him.
"Ahh yay! He's wearing the jersey you got him." Rian smiled.
"Why wouldn't I? It's awesome!" Matt smiled.
"Plus you know, unwritten law, if your girlfriend buys you a top...you have to wear it at least three times." I grinned.
"Three? I thought it was once?"
"No Zack, women notice if you've only worn it once, wear it three times, spacing each time out over a couple months, they don't tend to notice much after that."
"So, that's where I've been going wrong...got it!"
"What time you gotta be at the studio Tigger?" Matt looked at me, and I looked down at my phone.
"Balls, I better go now, have fun at lunch and I'll see you later ok?" I walked over to Matt and placed a soft kiss on his lips.
"Ok baby, I love you."
"I love you too. Bye guys!"
"Byeeee!" They called and waved and I left and made my way home. I didn't really have to be at the studio, it was a ploy to get me out of lunch so I could finish the cake and food. I was hoping Evan was already there and making a start.
"Ahhh there you are, so far I've...made...this plate of Sandwich's...I uh...had bread and butter issues." Evan pointed to the plate on the side.
"Meaning?" I raised an eye brow.
"The butter was too hard and I kind of destroyed about four pieces of bread...then got really annoyed."
"Oh dear god." I slapped my hand over my face. "I thought you said you could cook!"
"Yes I can cook, but Alex lied and told me the butter had been out all morning, when it obviously only came out as he left!"
"And you didn't think after destroying one piece to leave it for a minute and do something else?"
"No, you see, that would have been the clever thing to do." He laughed.
"Dear god! I knew I should of go Keith or Nano to help instead." I shook my head.
"Woah, hey, no need for that!" He looked at me offended.
"Just...I need to finish icing the cake, start putting the mini pizza's in the oven and finish off the damn sandwich's boy! Jesus, I thought men where supposed to be good at making sandwiche's!"
"No, that's why we get girlfriends to make them for us..."
"Pig!" I screwed up a piece of paper from the worktop and threw it at him.
"Aren't we all!" He laughed.
"Just...do as your told!" I rolled my eyes and got the cake out the fridge.