Chapter Five

~the next day, Remedial Goodness~
Quinn's POV

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you A) curse it, B) lock it in a tower, C) give it a bottle, or D) carve out its heart?" This was so boring. I already knew all of the answers.

Evie raised her hand and Fairy Godmother pointed to her. "What was the second one?"

"Oh, okay. Anyone else? Quinn?"

I looked up from my sketch.  "Uh, C) give it a bottle," I answered.

"Correct again," said Fairy Godmother. She smiled at me.

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos said to me.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun," I said. Evie said a soft 'oh' as the boys sat back in realization. Mal kept drawing a picture of the wand. She was really becoming obsessed with it, but I couldn't blame her. Her mother trusted her with this mission, trusted all of us.

I looked back down at my sketch. I hadn't realized before that I was drawing a lion. Suddenly, a girl wearing blue walked into the room, squealing with fear as she passed us. I smirked. Oh it felt good to still scare people.

"Oh, hello, dear one," said Fairy Godmother.

"Uh, you need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation," says the girl. Fairy Godmother signed her paper and turned the kid around.

"Everyone remembers my daughter, Jane?" Hmm, Fairy Godmothers daughter. She could be useful. I looked over at Mal who must have been thinking the same thing. She met my eyes and smirked slightly. Now we just needed a plan.

"Mom, no!" Jane called out.

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone." The girl, Jane, then started to walk out of the room.

"Hi, it's okay. Don't mind me. As you were," she finished, speedwalking past us. She could definitely be useful.

"Ahem, let's continue," Fairy Godmother started. I tuned her out for the rest of class and finished my sketch. I was a pretty good artist but nothing close to Mal. I'd have to ask her to teach me someday. Probably after we take over the world, though.

~later in the school day~

I walked with Mal to her locker as we schemed ways to use Jane to our advantage. What? She was Fairy Godmothers daughter, we could use her to help us get the wand.

When we reached her locker, I leaned up against the one next to it. "Maybe you should just corner her, find out her weak spot, and then use your spell book," I said.

"That would work, but I'd have to find a chance to get her alone," Mal responded. I shrugged in response. Then, Ben came walking over to us. Mal closed her locker and turned to him. I got up, standing next to her.

"Hey!" Ben said happily. Why was he so happy? Especially to talk to us?

"Hey," Mal replied very monotone.

"How was your first day?" he asked.

"Super," Mal responded sarcastically. Ben looked a bit taken aback, but it wasn't very noticeable.

"Uh, you know, you should really think about taking this talent off the locker and into art class. I could sign you up?" he offered, looking at Mals painted locker. Man, he was really trying. Too bad.

Then, I saw Jane pass and elbowed Mal. I glanced toward Jane, and she looked that way. Then, she turned back to Ben. "Way to take all the fun out of it," and with that, she walked away. Our plan was working out well.

"So, how about you?" Ben turned to me and asked.

"What do you mean?"

"How was your first day?"

Oh. "Great," I said, hopefully sounding as sarcastic as Mal.

"What didn't you guys like?" he questioned.

"Is that a serious question?" I asked him. What didn't we like? How about the fact that we weren't home at the Isle and had to take 'goodness' classes?

"Yeah. I want to improve the school for everyone. If new students don't feel welcome, I'd like to fix it." He sounded sincere. I looked into his eyes and he smiled. I almost did, too. Almost.

Luckily, Jay came around the corner and saw me. "Looks like I got to go. Catch ya later, Beasty Boy," I said and walked over to Jay. He was smiling? We continued walking, heading back to the dorms.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked him.

"Guess who made the tourney team?" he asked excitedly.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah. I'll have a little fun before we take over the world. Did you know you get to basically tackle people in tourney?" I laughed. We continued talking all the way back to the dorms.

~later that night-the kitchen~

I sat with Jay and Carlos on the kitchen counter while Mal and Evie made the cookie dough. Earlier that night Evie told us everyone's invited to the coronation where Fairy Godmothers wand will be used, etcetera etcetera, so now we're making a love potion so Mal can sit up front with Ben and grab the wand. Suddenly, Lonnie walked in. I had met her earlier when she barged into our dorm asking for a new haircut from Mal. Auradon people were so annoying.

"Oh, there you are, Mal! All of the girls want you to do their hair. Midnight snack, huh?"

"Uh, yeah, just some cookies," Mal responded.

Then Lonnie dipped her finger in the batter and ate it. We all cried 'no', but it was too late.

"What? I'm not gonna double dip," Lonnie said.

"Feel any different?" Mal asked.

"Maybe like it's missing something?" Evie questioned.

Then Jay got up and tried to flirt with her. "Hey there," he said, but it failed. Carlos laughed at him.

"Could use some chips," she said, getting something out of the fridge.

"And those are?" asked Mal angrily.

"You know, chocolate chips. The most important food group. Didn't your mom's ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like when you're sad, and they're fresh from the oven with a big old glass of milk and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective." She hesitated, looking around. "Why are you all looking at me like that?" she asked.

"It's just different where we're from," I said looking at her sadly.

"Well, yeah, I know. I just thought, you know, that even villians love their kids." She faltered. "Oh, how awful." A tear left her eye, and Mal snatched it, putting it into the dough.

Mal talked her into leaving, but I blocked them out and looked down at the ground. 'I thought even villians love their kids.' I know they love us deep down. Very deep down, maybe, but still. Jay's arm wrapped around me as we hopped off of the counter.

"Jay and Quinn, cookie sheets. Evie, oven. Carlos, clean up," Mal ordered. We all listened, and Jay pulled me over to the counter. We started to ball up the dough and place it on sheets.

(A/N) Yeah, I know, it's boring right now because there's no action that's different from the movies. I have ideas for some more chapters, though, and hope it's a bit more exciting. Also, I've been updating everyday?? I never do that, but I like this story. Vote and share please. Keep reading, loves.
-J