Chapter Twenty Six

~making it to the school~
Quinns POV

I tried calling a few of my Auradon friends, but no one was picking up. Then, we finally reached the front courtyard. Everyone...

"They're asleep. Everyone, " Evie said, and I let go of Harry's hand reluctantly. I put my phone down.

"I can't get Ben," Mal said, lowering her phone as well.

"Or Dizzy or Doug," Evie added.

"Or Jane," Carlos said.

"Or Hannah and Lonnie," I said, sounding a bit worried and walking up to Evie and Mal.

"Signals out," said Carlos, and I sighed. We kept walking.

"Is that Auradon Prep?" Celia asked, and I turned towards her.

"Yeah, and when everybody wakes up, you're gonna love it," I told her, smiling. The school was one of the few things I did really love about Auradon.

When I went to turn back around, I saw Harry near a student, taking money out of his wallet. I walked up to him and snatched the money out of his hands.

"That's not how we do it around here," I said, and he smirked a little at me. I stashed the money away in the boys shirt pocket.

"Well, it's how I like to do it," Harry said, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not while you're in Auradon," I said and went to walk away, but he grabbed my arm. I tugged at it, but he didn't let go. "Oh, no, we are not doing this again," I said.

"Why not, Quinny?" he asked, smirking, and I looked at him. I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Guys," I heard Evie say, and I looked at her. "Hannah turned to stone," she finished. I looked past her and sure enough, there was one of my best friends, Hannah. My smile faded.

"Hannah," I said quietly, and Hook let go of my arm. I looked at him for a second before running over to the statue.

"No, no, no, no, this can't be happening," I whispered, grabbing Hannah's cold, stone hand. I looked down. We needed to break this stupid curse.

"Alright, everybody stay on their toes," Jay said putting a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and let him put his arm around me, leaning into his side.

"Look, since we're here, let's check the school," Uma said.

"No," I said, and Uma looked at me. I held her gaze. "Audrey went straight for the crown, so I think it's safe to assume she's gonna go for Ben and his castle next. That's where we'll go."

"Says who?" Uma asked, walking closer to me.

I walked closer to her, as well. "Says me."

"Says you, like that's supposed to mean something?"

"Guys," Evie said a bit quietly, and I looked at her and then back at Uma.

"I'm trying to save my friends, you know, the ones asleep and turned to stone, in the quickest way possible. You do not want to get in my way of helping them," I said, my eyes flashing red at the last part.

"To the castle," Mal finished for me, and I turned around. Jay put his arm back around me again, and we all walked towards the castle.

"We'll fix this," Jay told me on our walk.

I hesitated. "I know. I can't believe Audrey would do this, though." Audrey and I had grown a bit closer over time, and I taught her how to loosen up a bit. Her family put a lot of pressure on her to be perfect, so I tried to help her escape that. I knew what it was like and still do.

"Look, we'll figure it out, and do what we can. Maybe you can talk some sense into her? You guys are close, right?"

"Somewhat," I answered. Then, Evie came up beside us.

"I get you're worried, Quinn, but we'll fix this. But you're no help miserable, so loosen up for now," she said, and I smiled a bit.

"How am I supposed to do that, exactly?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Last one to the castle is a rotten apple!" Evie yelled to everyone, earning looks from the pirates behind us.

Jay put his arm down. "I'm not going to be apart of this," he said, and I smiled.

"Me neither," Mal added.

"Not this time," Carlos said, grinning.

"What does that mean?" Gil asked, and I turned around to look at him.

"Basically, it's a race. Evie's trying to get my spirits up and knows how competitive I am, but," I said, looking at Evie, "it won't work anymore. I'm not in the mood for games."

"C'mon, Quinn, I'll give you a headstart," Evie said, smirking. I scoffed.

"I do not need a head start," I said.

"Then I'll take it for myself," Evie said and started running. She could run in heels effortlessly. I smiled and waited for a second.

"Are you actually not playing, Quinn?" Carlos asked surprised.

"No," I smirked at him, "I'm giving her a head start." After a few more minutes, I went to the front of the group and turned around. "I'll see you guys at the castle," I said while smirking, and Harry caught my eye. He looked at me curiously but still smirked.

"There's no way you'll catch her now," Uma said, making me look to her. "She's probably already there."

"No, she's not. I know how far away the castle is, and she couldn't have run that far in this amount of time. She'll be close, though." I smiled a bit at the end.

"So, like I said," Uma started again, "you won't get there in time to beat her." Then, she rolled her eyes.

I smirked at her. "Have a bit more faith, Uma." She was about to repsond when I turned back around and started running. I'm super fast, by the way. Must be the lion in me. Speaking of which, after a few running strides, I was surrounded by smoke and turned into my lion self. I ran as fast as I could until I reached the castle, seconds before Evie.

(A/N) I'm so sorry I haven't updated in, like, 9 days! I'll go back to posting frequently, I've just been busy trying to come up with new stories and getting them started, so I didn't have as much time to edit this one. Anyways, I'll update this one more and keep a look out for some new stories! Keep reading, loves!
-J