Chapter Twelve

Evie's POV

"Guys!" I looked over at Carlos. "Where's Ben?" he asked. Oh no, we can't lose him here.

"Ben?" I called out to the alley behind where he was standing before.

"Ben!" Jay called out.

I saw a figure approaching. "Ben, dont scare us like that!" I said.

"Don't scare you?" I heard a voice call, and I knew it wasn't Ben. Out of the shadows walked Harry Hook. "But that's my speciality," he said in a deep Scottish accent.

"Harry," I breathed out.

"What did you do with Ben?" Jay asked him.

"Oh, uh, we nicked him!" Harry almost laughed. "And if you want to see him again, have Mal come to the Chip Shoppe tonight, alone. Actually," he said smirking, "have her bring Quinny, too. Uma wants a little visit."

"What do you want with Quinn?" Jay asked protectively.

"Oh, Jay," Harry said, walking up, "seems like you've lost yer touch." With that Harry walked away, and Carlos and I had to hold Jay back.

~the hideout~
Quinn's POV

"If you guys never would have brought him here, this never would have happened!" Mal yelled. I was standing to the left of her, pacing, trying to figure out what to do. "What were you thinking?!"

"He was gonna come with or without us. We just wanted to protect him," Evie said.

"Yeah, and we completely blew it guys," Carlos added.

"Okay, okay. So what are we gonna do?" Evie asked. I stopped pacing and looked at her.

"We are not gonna do anything. This is between Mal, Uma, and me," I said.

"And she's a punk," Mal added. "And guess what? Now I have to go get him."

"Mal," Evie tried.

"You're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his wharf rats," Jay interrupted.

"Yeah, you're gonna need us," Carlos finished.

"Uma said for the two of us to come alone," Mal said.

"Mal, come on," Evie said.

"She said to come alone!" I yelled. Everyone grew quiet. Jay and Evie looked at me, but I wouldn't budge.

"I know one thing," Carlos said. "I'm not going anywhere."

"We'll be here when you get back," Evie said.

I looked at Mal, and she started walking away, so I followed. "Quinn," I heard behind me. I turned around and saw Jay.

"If you're trying to get me to stay or take someone for backup, you'd better want to stop right now."

"No, Quinn, I just wanted to warn you. Hook asked for you specifically, not because Uma wanted you. Try to keep away from him."

"Just cause we're not a thing, doesn't mean I'm gonna stay away from every other guy, too," I said and walked away. Damn, that felt good telling someone off.

~the Chip Shoppe~

"I'm ba-ack," Mal sang through the shop.

"Loser, party of one, right this way, please," Uma said. Mal squeezed my arm before leaving me at the front by myself. I watched her walk down and barely falter as Uma pushed a chair at her.

"So you actually came to Uma's turf," a voice said behind me. A familiar voice. I turned around and saw Hook.

"I had an invitation," I responded. He just smirked and led me to a table near Uma and Mal that was vacant. The girls were arguing.