Chapter Nineteen

I watched Quinn as she started to shake a bit. Her eyes were glowing red again, and then red and black smoke surrounded her. When it faded, all you could see was a lion. Hades, why would she want to hide that? She paced around the side closest to Uma and roared. I could tell she wanted to jump in but knew she couldn't. If she did, she would probably drown.

~time skip-end of the fight~

Uma placed Ben's ring back in his hand and swam off. Ben climbed back onto the boat, and Mal turned back into a human. She laughed and started walking down the steps. Evie whispered something to her, and Mal said something back. Then, Mal and Ben hugged, and he kissed her. I walked to the front near Evie and turned back into myself. I looked at her, and she laughed.

Red and black smoke surrounded Quinn again, and she was back to her normal self. I wanted to talk to her and tell her how amazing she really was, but I'm stuck here, and she's stuck there. I felt a pain in my chest when I really thought about that. I was probably never going to see Quinn again other than through the tv. I thought losing her the first time was painful. That was nothing compared to now, and I don't even know why. I couldn't possibly like her more than a friend. Even if I do, it's too late now.

"What?" I asked her, smiling.

"You just did that in front of everyone! Even the Isle saw. You're on TV," she said, and I nervously glanced around. People were staring at me. Then, I saw the TV.

"Looks like my plan to hide it didn't turn out too well," I said and laughed nervously. So did the others around me, except they weren't so nervous.

I almost laughed when she said that. I would have if I wasn't surrounded by the crew. Everyone was cursing out Mal for ruining our plans, again.

"No, it did not," Carlos said, walking up to me. "But it would kind of suck to be that freaking awesome and never show it off," he said, smiling. I smiled back. Then, Mal and Ben walked up to us.

"I owe you guys so much," Ben said, and we all agreed. "If there is anything that you need, or anything I can do for you-"

I hit my fist on the table to get everyone quiet while Quinn talked.

"Actually, Ben?" I cut in, raising my hand a bit. "I know a girl who would really love to come to Auradon. It's Drizzellas daughter, Dizzy. She's like a little sister to me."

"Then she should come," Ben said, and I smiled, a true smile this time. It wasn't fake.

"Actually, um," Evie started, "Ben, there's a lot of kids who would really love it here in Auradon. Kids just like us, who also deserve a second chance. Could Quinn and I maybe get you a list?" she asked.

"Yes, yes! Absolutely, please," Ben said. I smiled at Ben and Evie.

I couldn't believe it. There was a chance all of us could get off of the Isle.

"Hook?" someone asked, and I looked over at Gil who was smiling. "Do we actually have a chance of leaving?"

"Aye," I said and smiled a bit myself.

Then, a guard came up and gave Mal her spellbook. She then gave it to Fairy Godmother to put in the museum. I thought about giving her my recipe for poison apples later, but I dont really want to. It's the last thing I have of my mother's.

When everyone started singing, I snuck off to the side of the boat and watched the water. I looked back at the Isle and felt a longing in my heart. I wish I could be in both places, but I can't. Plus, I'm stuck here anyways, now. I have to help Evie and Ben get more kids off of the Isle. Then a thought crossed my mind.

What if Harry came over here?

I quickly disregarded it, though. He would probably never leave the Isle just to come to school. He'd get a ship and sail away, so it wouldn't really matter if he came or not.

Except to me.

I put my hand around my hook necklace and continued to watch the water.

I was excited, but I hid it well. Yes, our plan with Uma failed, but we could get off of this island. I could see Quinn again. I'm not glad that if I go then I'll have to go to school, but I'll learn to live with it.

I got up from my seat as the crew celebrated. Most of us were still pretty young, so we had a chance. We yelled and laughed, finally being a bit more positive for the first time in a while. I looked back at the tv and saw that everyone was dancing except Quinn. She was looking out over the side of the boat at the water. Maybe she missed me, too.

"Hey, Hook! C'mon, we're gonna go to the ship!" Gil yelled, and I turned around and smirked. We all yelled, pushing our way to the docks, and finally got to the boat. We drank and fought, it was what pirates did to celebrate. Then, I had an idea.

I grabbed my sword and went to the front, where I could see Auradon from. There, I could see the boat the cotillion was on. I made the blade hit the moonlight just right so that it would go to the spot Quinn was at the last time I saw her on the tv. I flashed it that way.

Out of nowhere, a bright light flickered at me. I looked over to see where it was coming from and realized it was from Uma's ship. It had to be Hook. I looked around for anything reflective and found Uma's purse which had a mirror in it. I went back to my spot and made sure the light was just right. I flashed a light back at the boat. A few seconds later I got one right back. I smiled. Hades, I was gonna miss Hook.

(A/N) Get ready for Descendants 3! I know it's been so many chapters with Quinn and Harry still not together, but I promise, it's going to be worth it! Also, I don't know if I'm going to do daily updates anymore for this story. If I don't, then I will update at least every other day. Keep reading, loves!
-J