Chapter Twenty Two

~the next week~

I walked to the front of the school grounds again, but this time I was with Jay and Carlos. We all knew what was going to happen today before we went to pick up the kids.

When we reached the front, we waited for Mal and Ben to arrive. Then, they walked out of the castle, and Mal looked amazing in her dragon dress. Anyways, when they got to the front, Fairy Godmother gave Ben the microphone. After a bit of talking, he started singing and twirling Mal.

"I met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked. Now I'm living just for her, and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me, but now look at what you've done you've got me down on my knee..." Ben lowered himself onto one knee and pulled out a ring, proposing. I was squeezing Jay's hand, hoping she would say yes.

"Yes, yes, of course yes!" she said smiling as Ben put the ring on her. They embraced, and then Mal stepped down to Evie who was next to the platform. "Did you guys know?"

"Do you know how hard that secret was to keep?" I asked, laughing as she hugged me.

They made their rounds, talking to everybody and thanking congratulations. Finally, though, it was time to head back go the Isle. To be honest, I've been thinking about Hook a lot lately and can't wait to see him again. I know it's stupid, but I can't get his stupid accent out of my head.

~~~

We made our way back to the Isle, and the chosen kids were throwing their bags into the limos trunk. I leaned against a nearby wall and waited for them to say their goodbyes. Suddenly, someone was next to me and put their arm around my shoulders. I quickly tried to turn and put my arm up to their throat to push them against the wall, but they blocked it by grabbing my arm. I sighed when I saw who it was.

"Fiesty as ever, I see, lass," Harry said, not letting go of my arm.

"Did you ever doubt it?" I said and tugged on my arm, but he didn't let go. He just laughed.

"Of course not," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Just to visit."

"Well, I suggest not sneaking up on me next time your visiting."

"I'll think about it," he said, smirking.

"Can I have my arm back?" I asked.

"What's in it for me? Pirates don't do anything for nothing," he said, smiling.

I thought about it for a second. "What do you want?"

"Surprise me, lass," he said, smirking. I could kind of tell what he wanted, but I doubt he actually wanted me to kiss him. I mean, I kind of wanted to... oh, what was happening to me? We don't date on the Isle, and I'm not going to be just another girl on the long list of girls who have kissed Harry Hook.

"Ready to go, Quinn?" Mal asked while she was standing next to the limo. I tugged my arm, but he wouldn't let go.

But what the hell did I have to lose?

"Fine," I said, and I leaned in on my tiptoes and kissed him. I'm kissing Harry bloody Hook. When I felt him soften, I pulled my arm and mouth away. He smirked at me.

"Told you I'm irresistible," he said, and I punched his arm. "Hey," he said, rubbing where I punched him, acting like it hurt.

I smiled. "I only did it for my arm," I said, waving my freed hand.

"Believe what you want, Quinny."

"I will," I said, still smiling. "See you later, Hooky," I said and walked away towards the limo. Everyone was already inside.

"Next time, Quinny," he said after me.

I smiled and stepped into the limo, closing the door behind me.

"Have fun out there?" Evie asked me, and I gave her a puzzled look.

"Oh, come on, Quinn. You freaking kissed him!" Mal said.

"I thought Isle's didn't date," Ben said, questioningly.

I felt my cheeks go a little pink, but I played it off. "We don't. It was nothing. It was just so he would let go of my arm," I said.

"There are other ways to make him let go," Carlos said. I smiled a bit.

"I know."

Mal and Evie laughed. Then, Evie yelled. "Hades! He's trying to escape!"

We all turned around, and Jay stopped the car. Me and the gang ran out and left the kids in the car. Mal turned into a dragon as Hades was close to escaping. He used his ember on Mal, and she was faltering. I knew she was already having trouble, though. Hades was her father.

I did the only thing I thought of doing. I turned into a lion and ran at Hades. When I got closer, I swiped at his arm with my claws. He pulled back in time so he wouldn't get hit, but it was just enough for him to get stuck back inside with the barrier closed. I turned back into my human form. He looked at me.

Then, Mal landed on the car. The gang rushed to help her, but I turned back to Hades.

"Like you haven't hurt her enough already," I said quietly, and he started walking away. I heard Ben's voice behind me.

"Thank you so much, Quinn," he said. I turned to look at him. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. How's Mal?" I asked worriedly.

"She's kind of startled, but she'll be okay," he said, glancing at her every few seconds. "The kids will be, too."

Oh, I had totally forgot about them. "The kids," I said quietly, running towards the limo.

When I got to the door, I found the kids looking scared. "Everyone alright?" I asked, and they nodded. "Good. And don't worry. You'll be safe in Auradon." When I got into the limo, Dizzy hugged me and Celia joined in. We stayed like that as Smee's twins decided to sit on either side of Celia and Dizzy, joining the hug, so I was surrounded by kids when everyone else joined us. Carlos sat in the front with Jay, and the rest sat in the back with me and the kids.

After a few minutes, I told Dizzy to sit next to Evie and Celia to sit next to Mal. The twins were still pretty shaken up, so I pulled them in close and held their hands. They both rested their heads on my shoulders and stayed like that the whole way back to Auradon.

~~~

When we made it back to Auradon, Mal went to see Ben and his parents. While that happened, Carlos, Evie, and I took the kids back to Evie's place. A while later, Mal came back. She pulled me and Evie into the dress fitting room to talk privately. After a bit she said,

"We're talking about closing the barrier for good."

"But you said no, right?" I asked. She just looked at me.

"That's why we need you, Mal. Who else would stand up for the VKs?" Evie added. Mal smiled at us, and Evie and I walked back into the kitchen. Was there something she wasn't telling us?