Chapter Eleven

Mal decided she wanted to head to Lady Tremaines Curl Up and Dye to change her look, so we went. We forgot it didn't open until midnight, but luckily Dizzy was there.

"Mal! Quinn! You're back!" She ran to us and hugged me. "Is Evie back, too?" she questioned excitedly.

"As if," Mal answered, and I gave her I look.

Dizzy looked disappointed but then turned back to me. "I still have all of your clothes!" she said. She ran to the back of the room and pulled out a box that was filled with my clothes that I designed.

"Oh, Dizzy. Thank you," I said. "Hey, I was actually wondering something, though. Do you think you could do the works on me and Mal? We're way too Auradon looking right now for the Isle."

"Of course! Granny let's me have a few witches here and there, but it's mostly just sweeping, scouring, and scrubbing." She pulled Mal into the chair first. "Really? The washed out blonde with purple tips? The best of no worlds. You can't see where your face ends and your hair begins! Oh, what is this, "bored to death pink"?" Mal just looked back at me, and I smiled. Oh, Dizzy.

When Dizzy finished Mals hair and nails, she put me in the chair. "I'm not perfectly sure what to do with you. Are you sure you want to dye your hair?"

"If you think it works, Dizzy, then I think it works." She smiled at me. "Mal?" I questioned.

"Keep it. It suits you," she said.

"Okay," said Dizzy, "then I'll just layer some of it and curl it." Then, she got to work.

~leaving the salon~

I looked in the mirror. I didn't look that much different, but I felt different. More Isle, less Auradon. Mal came up behind me and whispered in my ear.

"Dont be upset if you wanted to dye your hair. Imagine it dying your fur, too. And I'm not sure you would want to be like a blue or red lion," she said.

I laughed. "Yeah, the best of no worlds," I said, copying Dizzy. Mal smiled, and we started to leave. We went to Dizzy first, though, and paid her.

"Really?" she asked. "For me?!"

"Yeah, kid," Mal said.

"You earned it," I finished. She skipped her way to the cash register when she was stopped by someone.

"Fork it over, ya runt." I heard in a Scottish accent while Dizzy handed him the money. "Now the rest of it." She went to the register and reluctantly gave him the rest of the money.

"Still running errands for Uma, or do you actually get to keep what you steal?" Mal asked. Then, the one and only Harry Hook turned to us.

"Well, well, well, what a nice surprise," he said, walking over to us.

"Hi, Harry," said Mal. I kept quiet.

"Just wait until Uma hears you're back. She's never gonna give you back your old territory."

"Oh, well, that's okay," Mal answered innocently. "Because I will be taking it."

Harry got closer to her and moved a piece of her hair with his hook. "I could hurt you."

Mal grabbed his hook and took the gum out of her mouth, placing it on the top of his hook. "Not without her permission, I bet." Harry leaned over to eat her gum, and when he did, he saw me.

"Who might you be?" he asked me. Wow, he really didn't remember.

"I thought you knew everyone on the Isle," I answered. I'm guessing he recognized my voice because he grinned savagely.

"Oh, Quinny, welcome back," he said. Then, he leaned in next to my ear and whispered, "I liked the red a lot better." He backed away and pushed all of the stuff off of Dizzys counter. Then, he was gone.

"Great, more sweeping," Dizzy said.

~back at the hideout~

"So what did Harry whisper to you?" I heard Mal ask as we looked for cans of spray paint.

"He said he liked the red a lot better. I don't know what he was talking about, though." I looked at Mal, "Do you?" When I looked at her, she pointed to my eyes. "What?"

"You still have your contacts in. He was talking about your red eyes."

"Oh," I said. "I'll be right back." I went to the bathroom that was in the front of the place and looked in the mirror. Ugh, how could I forget about them? I quickly took them out and threw them away. I wouldn't need them anymore. When I walked back out, I jumped, seeing Ben and Jay.

"Hey, Quinn! Is Mal here?" Ben asked, looking around. Jay looked at me, but I couldn't look him in the eyes right now, so I looked at Ben.

"Um, I don't know if she wants to see you."

"I just want to talk to her. I shouldn't have gone all Beast on her-" I stopped him.

"You went all what on her?!" My anger grew. Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Mal. She gave me a look to calm down, so I did.

"Mal," Ben started, but she walked away. He followed her.

I looked at the ground. I wanted to follow them, but I knew they needed alone time, so I was stuck here with Jay. Suddenly, I felt arms around me as I was lifted up off of the ground. "I was so worried, Quinn."

When I was back on the ground, the arms were still around me. I pushed Jay off, and he looked hurt. "You shouldn't have been."

"Quinn, this is all my fault."

"Jay, look. I was going to tell you, I really was, but then I left so suddenly. I don't want to date you, and I'm not what you want."

"Yes, you are," he said.

"No, I'm not. And you're not what I want in a partner either. And that's okay. I didn't leave because of you, though. The Isle is my home, and it always will be. I'm not a girl who's supposed to live in Auradon. I don't fit in. I tried, I really did, but it's just not for me."

"You don't have to be an Auradon girl. The gang and I want Quinn, Isle or Auradon." I looked down.

"Well, you're getting neither. Bye, Jay," I said and left him standing there as I ran back to my room. I didn't cry. I didn't feel anything, to be honest. I know what I did was right. No more lying. Mal walked in.

"So you got rid of him, too, huh?" she asked.

"At least I'm not the only one." She sat down on my bed next to me when suddenly, we heard something from the main area and went to check it out. Through the system we set up, we heard Evie.

"Guys, please, let's just talk," she said. I knew she wouldn't listen to Mal, so I walked over and pulled the lever.

"Leave us alone!" I yelled. I heard Carlos say they should give us a few hours to cool off.

I stood there quietly. That was probably the first time I had ever pushed my sister away. Mal came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder. "It'll be okay." I nodded, and we both went to our separate rooms to spray paint the walls. In my bedroom, I was painting a lion.