Chapter Eighteen

(A/N) Once again, the bold will be used as Harry's POV.

The six of us arrived at the cotillion. We walked on a carpet that led to the boat, and we were being surrounded by cameras and reporters.

"Quinn! You look beautiful!" a reporter said. "Who designed your outfit?" She put the microphone in front of my face.

I watched the tv and suddenly Quinn was on it. While she was talking to the reporter, I noticed something. She was wearing the necklace I gave her. I smiled to myself. Look, it didn't really mean anything. She was just kind of the first person I could really talk to in a while, and I was grateful.

"Evie," I said, pointing to Evie for a moment, "designed and made the dress, and the jewlery," I said, lifting up my hand to show it off, "was made by Dizzy of the Isle." I smiled at the camera, knowing she was watching, and then kept walking. Many reporters and photographers complimented me and took photos, but luckily we made it to the boat soon. The camera on the boat watched us as we arrived. First went Carlos and Jane, then Doug and Evie, and then me and Jay.

He looked at me and smiled before putting out his hand. I smiled a bit back and grabbed it. We walked down the staircase and started to talk to everyone. Jay went off to see Lonnie, and I went to the side of the boat and leaned on the railing, looking out into the ocean. This view was much more mediocre than the one from my spot back on the Isle. Without meaning to, my hand went up and started messing with the necklace Hook gave me.

Then, Lumiere announced the arrival of Mal, and I walked to the front of the crowd. Mal walked out looking scared. When she got down the staircase after talking to Belle and Beast, Evie went to the left of her, and I went to the right.

"How are you feeling?" Evie asked her when Mal grabbed me and Evie's arms.

"I kind of feel like I'm about to throw up," she answered honestly.

"Hey, that's okay," I said, and she looked at me and nodded. Then, Lumiere announced Ben's arrival.

Mal let go of us and watched Ben. When he made it all of the way down, he bowed to Mal? That was weirdly formal. Then he went up to her.

"Mal, I wish I had more time to explain," he said. Then, at the top of the steps, it was Uma in a coronation gown. She walked down the steps, and Ben met her there. They had a moment, and we all stood there, shocked. "I'm sorry," Ben said. "It all happened so fast. Something happened when I was on the Isle with Uma, a connection."

Our plan was working out well. Finally, we would be able to wreak havoc on Auradon for throwing us in this dump. I wish I could have come with, but Uma wanted me to stay in case it failed. Someone would have to take care of the ship.

"What are you saying?" Mal asked, teary eyed.

"I'm saying-" Ben started.

"It was love!" Uma finished. "I just realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?" Ben agreed.

"Ben," Mal started, "did you go back for her?"

"He didn't have to," Uma answered. "I dove through the barrier before it closed, and I'm an excellent swimmer, so." Her and Ben went all gushy again. "Look, Mal," Uma started again, grasping Mals hands, "I just really want to thank you, I do, for everything. Thank you so much." Uma hugged her, and then Ben started talking again.

"Don't you see, Mal? You were right! You knew that we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never said you loved me."

"Come on," I said, pulling Mal back as Uma and Ben started to dance.

"Not too happy I risked my life for him," Carlos stated.

"We're with you, Mal," Lonnie said as her and a group of other students came behind Mal.

"Let's get out of here," Jay said, and Mal nodded, grabbing his hand to leave. "How about you, Quinn?" he asked me. I looked around at everyone and finally at Evie.

"I'm sorry," I said and grabbed Mals hand to leave with them.

Mal was holding onto Jay's hand, about to leave to who knows where, when Jay asked Quinn if she would come. Quinn looked around and said she was sorry to Evie. Where would she go that would make her say sorry for leaving? Was she going to come back?

"Quinn," Evie tried, tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," I said again as we walked up the stairs. Suddenly, Jane came up and started yelling to Lumiere.

"And now, for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece, designed especially for his lady," Lumiere said and opened his hand towards Mal. Suddenly, a piece of artwork was unveiled in the back of the boat. It was a beautiful stained glass portrait of Ben and Mal. Mal then walked towards Ben, talking about how he knew who she was all along. When she started talking to Ben, Jay turned me towards him.

"Do you still want to go back?" he asked me.

I thought about it and shook my head. "If I go, I don't want to be alone. I think I might miss you all too much," I said. Then, I pulled him into a hug. He hugged me back. Suddenly, there was a splash in the water behind me. Uma had jumped in. I ran to the side of the boat with Jay at my side and watched as she turned into something like her mother.

"True loves kiss won't defeat this," she yelled, and Jay pulled me down just in time so I wouldn't be hit with her giant tentacle. "The world will know my name!"

Mal ran to the side of the boat, getting overwhelmed. Her eyes turned green and when she looked at Ben, the unthinkable happened. She turned into a dragon.

Mal flew up into the sky, and Uma tried to attack her. I hated when people tried to hurt my friends. I wanted to kill her for trying. My eyes were glowing a hot red, and Evie said my name. I looked at her and at everyone else before turning into a lion. I paced around the side of the boat closest to Uma and roared at her. I wish I could get into the water. Then, Ben yelled and jumped in. I roared loudly.