Chapter Twenty Three

~~Leaving for Hades ember~~

So, Audrey put a spell on Mal, and the only way we can stop Audrey and Maleficients scepter is to use Hades ember. Mal is going to go to his hideout with Celia while the rest of us guard the area.

We rode to the Isle on scooters after Mal pushed the button to make the bridge appear. We all rode separately except for Celia who rode with Evie because she was just a kid, and we're pretty sure she's never driven anything before.

When we got to the island, we parked our scooters in a back alley close to Dr. Facilliers. Then, we walked to his place.

Celia knocked on the door, and we were let in. I looked around once we were inside. This place was filled with voodoo venders that were telling fortunes or selling possessed items. It was so cool. I went to walk over to a booth selling knives, but someone stopped me. I turned around and saw Jay holding my arm.

"Stay close, Quinn. You don't want what these people are selling," he said. I tugged my arm away and turned towards him and Carlos. Then, Carlos sat down in front of the tv.

"Fine," I said and looked at him.

"Just like that?" he asked, smirking and giving me a doubtful look. I shrugged.

"Guys, come look at this," Carlos said, and I went to stand beside him. Jay, Evie, and Mal came up, too, and we saw a reporter from Auradon on the screen. He said Audrey was being blamed for putting a curse on everyone to fall sleep, but I knew he doubted it. Someone from Auradon could never hurt anyone, right? It obviously had to be a VK. I'm so sick and tired of people still thinking we're the only ones capable of doing something bad. I scoffed at the tv as the reporter started to freak out because the curse was coming to his area.

Celia came back with the key, so we all left to find our scooters. When we turned the corner into the alley, though, they already had riders.

"Rookie mistake," Carlos said, and I smirked, looking at who was on the scooters. Of course, leading the charade was Harry.

"Get off my bike, Hook," Jay threatened, but Harry smiled at him.

"Catch us if you can, Jay," Harry responded, and his crew left leaving him there. He looked at me and said, "Coming or not, lass?"

I smirked at him, and he smirked back. I turned around, and Jay was about to grab my arm when I said, "I'll be back, I promise," and ran, hopping on the bike so I was sitting behind Harry. I wrapped my arms around his torso and gave my gang an apologetic look. Then, we were speeding away in the direction the rest of the crew went in.

Finally, we made it to the edge of the island where the rest of the crew was, and they all had pushed the scooters over the edge. After Hook and I got off of ours, he pushed it off as well. Then, he turned to me, smirking.

"Did you really have to get rid of them all?" I asked him, smiling a bit.

"Where's the fun in leaving them easy to find?" he asked back, walking over to me. Most of the crew had left, talking about getting drinks, so we were mostly alone. A few still lingered, and of course, Gil came up to us.

"You guys wanna head for a drink at the Chippe Shop?" Gil asked, smiling dopily. I had to smile back at him though. His smile was contagious.

"You go on ahead. I'll meet you in a bit," Harry said, and Gil left with the rest of the crew. Then, Harry grabbed my hand and walked us to a hidden alley.

"What are you doing back so early?" he asked.

"Didn't you miss me?" I questioned, fake pouting at him. He smirked a bit.

"I'm just curious," he said, and I stopped pouting. "That's better," he added.

"What is?" I questioned.

"You not pouting," he said smirking, and I punched his arm. It wasn't that hard, though. He got closer to me and lowered his face down to my ear. "You should know better than to hit a pirate," he whispered, and in a second he had picked me up and thrown me over his shoulder. I punched his back.

"Put me down, Hook! You whiner, I didn't even hit you that hard!" I yelled, but he just laughed, so I stopped. Then, I laughed, too. This was so stupid and pointless, but it was so fun. He just made everything so much fun. Then, he put me down and smirked at me. "What?" I asked, still smiling.

"I believe we have something to talk about," he said, and I looked up at him questioningly. "You kissed me." He smirked.

"And you carried me home when I fell asleep on the beach. I think we're even."

"I do not think that justifies as even," he said, smiling down at me. He had me back against a wall, and he was practically towering over me.

Suddenly, he was pushed away from me, and someone was holding me back. "Stay away from her!" I heard Jay yell. I was so tired of him trying to keep me away from Hook. I thought he would be fine after we made up at the Cotillion.

I could tell it was Evie holding onto me, so I pushed her back. She had to let go, so I ran forward to Hook, smoke surrounding me on my way. I roared, and Harry and Jay stopped fighting and looked over at me. Jay was almost glaring, but Harry was smiling, looking at me in slight amazement. When I saw his smile, I turned back into myself, my human self. I looked at Jay and then at Evie. "What the hell, guys?" I almost yelled. They both stayed quiet, and I saw Mal and Carlos behind Evie.

"Quinn, I know you think this is fine, but it's stupid," Mal said, and I glared at her.

"What? It's a crime to have fun now?" I spat.

"No, but you're spending all of your time with a pirate!" Evie chimed in. I aimed my glare at her.

"So, what?! Am I not allowed to spend time with people outside of the gang? Last time I checked, you spend time with Doug," I turned to Mal, "you spend time with Ben," then Carlos, "you spend time with Jane," and finally Jay, "and you spend your time at either practice or with Lonnie. You guys were absolutely fine with it last time we were here! You saw me kiss him and were fine with it! What changed?"

"That's not what we're saying," Evie said, so I looked at her.

"Then what are you saying?" They all stayed quiet. "What're you saying?!" I yelled, and my eyes glowed. Then, I felt someone grab my hand, so I turned my head. I saw Hook there.

"Maybe calm down a bit, lass," he said a little quietly, smiling a bit at me. I smiled a bit, too, and the heat left my body. I turned around so I was facing him.

"We should get going. We really need to stop Audrey," Mal said, and I sighed, looking down.

"Where are our bikes?" Jay asked, and I heard Harry chuckle. He made a motion with his free hand and a whistling noise, signaling that they were dropped off of a cliff. Jay was about to walk up to us when I rested my head on Harry's chest. He stopped, and they all started to walk away. I felt Harry chuckle slightly.

"Ready to go, Quinny?" Harry said. I looked up at his smile, taking my head off of his chest, and smiled right back. He looked like he was hiding something, though.

"What are you thinking about doing?" I asked.

"You'll see," he replied simply and let go of my hand. For some reason, I wished he had never let go of it.

"Fine. Later, Hooky," I said and walked away. When I turned around after a few seconds, Harry was gone. I ran to catch up with the gang.