Chapter Twenty One

"Would ya stop threatening my crew?" he asked, and I smiled and stopped struggling. When he put me down, I turned around. Not caring about what anyone thought, I jumped in his arms. He caught me, so I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his neck.

"Maybe," I answered, and he laughed.

"Good to have you back, Quinny," Hook said.

"Good to be back," I responded.

"What the hell?" I heard Carlos yell behind me.

"Ugh," I groaned quietly, and Hook laughed.

"Want me to put you down?" he asked.

"No, but you probably should," I answered. I unwrapped my legs, and he dropped me. Then I let go of him and turned around. The gang had finally been let out of the limo. "What?"

"What do you mean 'what'?" Jay asked. I just shrugged at him and held his gaze. He looked away from me and glared at Hook.

"Jealous again, Jay?" Harry asked, and I smiled. That made Jay look back at me.

"What are you doing, Quinn?" Mal asked.

"Talking," I answered.

Mal gave me a look. "It's time to get the kids and round them up here," she said.

"You guys go on ahead, then. I'll meet up with you when it's time to choose."

"Quinn," Evie tried, and I looked at her.

"Go on. You guys have kids to help."

"So do you," Carlos said.

"I know, but I spent countless extra hours working to make this happen when you all didn't. I'm the reason this happened so soon. I think I can take a little break while you round up kids," I said. They all looked at each other. Then, a hand grabbed mine.

"Wanna get out of here?" Harry whispered in my ear. I nodded, and turned to him, not letting go of his hand. He looked at me, and then smirked at the gang. I laughed a bit, and that pulled his gaze back down to me. Then, he pulled me away towards the marketplace.

When we were there, he took me in an alleyway, and we walked all the way back to the docks.

"So this is all yours now, huh?" I asked him.

"Unless Uma comes back," he said.

"So you don't know where she is?" I asked, and we crossed the docks to his ship.

"Not a clue," he said.

"We don't either. That's the fun part," I said, and he chuckled.

"How, exactly, is that fun?"

"Keeps us on our toes," I said. "What are we doing?" I asked when we reached the side of the boat. I leaned over the side and watched the water.

"Talking," he said, copying me. I smiled and kept staring at the water. "I see you kept the necklace," he said, resting his arms on the side of the ship and looking out at the sea.

"I did," I answered simply.

"Why is that?" he asked, smirking at me.

"Cause I wanted to," I answered, smirking back at him. He chuckled a little bit.

"How's the princess life been?"

"Boring. How about the villian life?"

"Same old," he said, smiling a bit. I hopped up on the side of the boat so I could look at him. He looked up at me. "It is so tempting to just push you in right now," he said, smirking.

"I know," I said, smiling a bit.

He just laughed. "You are such a mystery, Quinny," he said.

"And why is that?" I asked.

He hesitated. "You just are."

"That's not much of an answer."

"Well, I think it is," Harry said and got up from leaning on the edge. He stepped in front of me, and we were at eye level. Hades, he was tall. I just stared at him and his ocean blue eyes.

"Don't try to intimidate me," I said, smiling.

"I would never, Quinny," he said, smiling. "I know I can't."

"Good," I said. We stayed there for a few seconds silently. Then, out of nowhere, he picked me up by throwing me over his shoulder. I hit his back, not too hard though. "Put me down!" I said, and he just laughed. I stopped hitting him and picked myself up so my elbow was on his shoulder and I could rest my head there as he started walking.

"Not as much of a fighter as I thought," he said.

"That's because it's pointless against you."

"Why's that?"

"Well cause one, I'm not tough enough to get out of your grip right now after months of not training on Auradon, and two, I don't have much of a reason to," I said.

"At least you're smart," he said, and I hit his back. He just laughed, and so did I.

"So where are we headed?" I asked.

"How long did you think we had before you had to get back?" he asked.

I frowned and sighed. "I wish I didn't have to go back to Auradon."

"Then don't," he said. I laughed a bit.

"I don't really have a choice. I have to help get kids off of here, and I couldn't leave my gang."

"I'll always have an open spot in my crew for you if you decide to stay," Harry said.

"Really?" I asked. He laughed a bit.

"Don't sound so surprised." I laughed a bit, too. When we got back to the main area, he set me down and leaned against a wall. Evie and Mal found me and told me it was time to choose some kids. I looked at Harry.

"See ya soon, Hooky," I said, and he smiled.

"See ya, Quinny," he said as I walked away. Mal and Evie were dragging me along until we got to the top of the main area.

"I can't believe this day has finally arrived!" Evie yelled to all of the VKs. "I honestly wish we could take you all with us, and someday, very soon, maybe we can."

I stepped up. "Yeah, we're gonna be back here so many times. You're going to be so sick of us!" They all laughed, and I smiled.

Evie started again. "Can I get a drum roll please?" Everyone started stomping their feet.

"First," I said, "I would like to begin with the Granddaughter of Lady Tremaine, daughter of Drizella, my sweet, sweet friend. My Dizzy." Dizzy ran up the steps to us and hugged me. I hugged her back. "Your dreams coming true, kid," I said to her.