Chapter Twenty Seven

"That's cheating," Evie complained as we all walked through the castle.

"It is not," I scoffed. "Technically, all I did was use my strength and speed."

"Yeah, but as a lion! We both laughed. "At least you're not so angry now," she added, elbowing me. I gave her a small smile.

"Thanks."

We walked a bit more, and then Dude said he caught Ben's scent. We kept walking.

"What are these?" Uma asked, pointing to a piece of wall covered in claw mark's and a ripped painting.

"Any chance these were here before?" Carlos asked Mal, and she just looked at him before calling out for Ben again. We continued to follow Dude until we reached a room filled with knight armour. Evie told Celia to stay at the front as we looked around.

I saw Jay behind Hook as he was examining a sword and walked over before a fight could start.

"I can feel you looking," Hook said to Jay without looking at him.

"Good," Jay answered, and I pulled him further away from Harry.

"Really?" I asked him, and he smiled a bit.

"I'm just letting him know who's in charge," Jay said, and I rolled my eyes at him, laughing a bit.

"You're so stupid," I said sarcastically.

"I beg to differ," he said, reaching over to try and tickle me, but I jumped back just in time.

"How dare you try to use my biggest weakness against me?" I asked offended. He laughed and shrugged.

"Whatever works." I walked to the back to where everyone else was, still smiling a bit.

"We're celebrating our differences," Uma said to Evie, and my smile dropped. This again? Then, Harry grabbed my attention.

"I believe we're being challenged," he said next to me, staring at the knight armour in front of us. I looked over and saw it move. I instinctively leaned closer to Harry.

"Let's split up and look for Audrey," Uma said, ignoring Hook.

"That makes absolutely no sense. Unless you give me my ember she's gonna spell you," Mal said, and the armour suddenly moved again. I stepped closer to Harry.

"Girls!" Harry yelled, grabbing their attention.

"We have a situation," I finished, still staring at the armour.

"You like a prince, Mal? How about a knight in shining armour?" it said in Audrey's voice. Then, it grabbed its sword. "Or knights?"

The knights started walking out of their places on the walls and Harry put his arm in front of me. We all drew back. "Audrey, what are you doing?" I said quietly, walking backwards. We all tried to run out, but they blocked the door.

(Uma)
This could get a little sticky
How to win this battle could be tricky
But I know the best way
Fall back let me lead
You on the line
And we'll bring them to their knees

Jay tossed me a sword, and I caught it.

(Mal)
Swords in the air if you're with me
They've got us outnumbered
One to fifty
Victory is ours cause I've got a strategy
You take the left
And the rest of you can follow me

Uma pushed her.

This is my crew

(Uma)
This is my squad

(Mal)
This is my turf

(Evie)
Oh my gosh
Look guys
We've got bigger fish to fry
Put your differences aside
Cause right now we're on the same side

I put my sword out as the knights started closing in. Suddenly, they started attacking, and I threw my sword up. I blocked its hit and pushed it back. It tried to hit me again, and I dodged it, blocking another's sword as they tried to hit Gil. Somehow, I ended up in between Gil and Harry while we started fighting, but I was fine with it. They were good fighters.

I blocked the next attack from the knight who was fighting me. It felt like it went on forever. At one point, two knights were aiming at me, and luckily Hook was at my side when they tried to attack. He fought the one on the left, and I took the right.

"Thanks," I said without thinking, blocking another attack.

"Did you just tell me thanks?" Harry asked, laughing. I smiled a bit.

"I didn't mean to," I answered. "Auradon habit," I finished as my cheeks flushed the slightest bit. He laughed again, and I did, too, kicking a knight back.

"You're welcome," Harry said, and I laughed even harder.

"Did Harry Hook just use his manners?" I asked, and he laughed, too.

"What manners, love?" he asked, and I could see him smirking at me. I turned with my knight and hit his sword.

Suddenly, we were all in the front, and the knights got into a formation. Mal and Uma hit the one in the front at the same time and electricity seemed to run through him and all of the other knights. Mal hopped up onto the step in the middle.

"Suit of armour, strong and true, make this metal bust a move!" she yelled, eyes glowing green. Then, she started to dance, and they copied her exact moves. Uma got up next and stomped with her sword, and once again, they copied her. I got up next and threw my hands up, moving my hips from side to side. The knights did the same.

I joined the other girls in the back as we all started dancing, making the armour move around.

(Everyone)
Watch your back
Watch your back
Watch your back
Watch your back
All for one
And that's a fact
Knights fall
Pitch black

All of the knights collapsed in the middle, and I sighed. This battle was finally over. I dropped my sword and took a few breaths. Jay and Hook both walked in front of me and chest bumped, but then must have realized what they were doing because their smiles faded.

Jay looked at me. "Good fighting, Quinn."

"I learned from one of the best," I answered, and he smiled at me before nudging my arm and walking towards Carlos and Mal.

Then, Hook walked up to me. "Nice moves," he said, smirking. I looked down a bit and then back up at him.

"I know," I said, and he smiled at me, closing his eyes for a second and chuckling. "No comment?" I asked him, smirking.

He looked at me and smirked back. "Not any I feel like saying right now," he said and walked over to Gil and Uma. I walked over towards my gang and high fived them.