Chapter Thirty One

"Quinn! Uma!" I heard Mal yell behind me. The three of us continued walking, ignoring her calls until she ran in front of us. "Stop, please, stop! I need your help! We have a chance if we do this together."

"Friends kick you to the curb?" Uma asked. When Mal stayed quiet, she added, "Good." I'm not surprised everyone else left Mal to fend for herself. In our group, we never lied to eachother, and to pull a stunt like Mal did? She was asking for everything that came to her.

"Ben saw something in you, and today, Uma, I saw it, too! You care about everybody, and Auradon is worth saving! Help us, please."

Hook finally spoke up, saying, "You talk pretty, but they've already made up their minds." I leaned into Harry, assuring him my choice was chosen.

"You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to fix it. Let's go." The three of us walked a few steps before Mal interrupted us again.

"Quinn, please, you know Auradon is worth saving! You care about everybody here!"

I sighed, trying to figure out what to say before turning to the girl. "Mal, of course I do, but what about everyone on the Isle? I care about those people, too. I've done so much and tried so hard, and I'm tired of it. You let this happen, so it's your problem to fix. I don't have a reason to help you anymore." I put my arm around Hooks waist like he had around mine and pulled him forward with me. Uma led us further into the woods, away from the castle, and Mal gave up on trying to persuade us. She ran back the direction she had came, and we never turned back to help her. I felt bad, but what else was I supposed to do?

After a few minutes of walking, we covered our ears as a loud screech came from behind us. We all turned but saw nothing.

"What was that?" Hook asked.

"Mal," I said simply. She must have turned into a dragon, and that screech meant she was in trouble. I turned to Harry, and he sighed.

"Don't get hurt," he said barely above a whisper. I took a breath and nodded before breaking into a run and morphing into my lioness self. I glanced back once to see Uma and Harry following me in a run, but I turned back ahead, knowing they wouldn't catch up anytime soon.

It was really a sight to behold when I found Mal and Audrey back at the castle. Mal was flying around one of the highest lookouts, breathing fire any chance she had as Audrey shot bolts of light at her from the scepter. I turned back into myself and looked around, trying to figure out what I could do to help when I noticed Mal trying to light up the ember.

"Mal!" I yelled as loudly as I could. She looked down at me and lowered herself so she was right above the ground as a heat overcame my body. Flames rose from my hands and feet, encompassing my whole body in fire, and my hair shot up in red and orange flames. I lifted my hands, directing a line a fire from them, and shouted, "Regain your might and ignite!" at the ember. It worked, but the light disappeared after a few seconds.

"Quinn! Mal!" Uma shouted when her and Harry had finally caught up to me.

"She doesn't stand a chance without the ember!" I yelled, still trying to light it up.

Uma's shell started to shine brightly like it had at Evie's, and she joined in trying to light the ember up. We both yelled, "Regain your might and ignite!" and with all of our forces combined, it finally shined a bright blue and stayed that way. I took a deep breath and shook my fire off, feeling drained after using so much power.

Mal flew back up to Audrey and it was a battle between blue and pink. At first, Mal seemed to be faltering, but after a moment, the blue started to overcome the pink until all of the light was gone. Mal had won! We had won. Harry and Uma ran over to me, and we celebrated.

Harry picked me up, laughing. I joined in, wrapping my arms around his neck until he put me down. He looked down at me, smiling.

"I always knew you were feisty, but I never expected fire like that." I smiled at him. "Or this," he added picking up a strand of my hair. I looked down at my brown hair to find new red and orange highlights in it. Harry leaned down so his face was next to my ear and whispered, "I always knew you looked better in red." I rolled my eyes and pushed him away as he smirked at me.

"Do you guys think the curse was lifted?" I asked as reality set in.

"There's only one way to find out," Uma said.

I was about to start going back to the school where all of my friends would be so I could find out if they were still cursed, but I had to make sure that Audrey and Mal were alright after their battle.

"We should really see if Audrey and Mal are okay first, though."

"Lead the way," Harry said. I nodded, and we started running up to the castle. I used the last bit of energy I had in me to make it up all of the steps and to the top of the tower. When we arrived, Celia was shaking a little, and Mal was kneeling next to Audrey with the ember pressed against her.

"It's not working," Mal said without looking up at us. I gave Celia a hug before walking over to Audrey and kneeling on her other side. She seemed to be in some sort of coma, so I warily pressed my hand to her wrist and luckily, I felt a pulse.

"We need Fairy Godmother," I said, looking back up at Mal. For some reason though, she was starting to get blurry. "Mal," I said questioningly, trying to blink away the blurriness. As I did this, my head started pounding, and I felt extremely exhausted and drained. I quickly fell down onto the floor, and someone quickly came over and lifted my head onto their lap. The last thing I smelled was the saltiness of the ocean.

(A/N) Um, I'm SO sorry for everyone who was waiting months for this to be updated. I will try harder to update this. I know I keep saying it but yeah. We love being an unreliable writer✌. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it! New chapters out soon as the story comes to an end! Thanks for reading, loves! And thank you for over 10k reads!!!
-J