Chapter Six

Quinn's POV

The week went by pretty fast. Soon, it was Friday. We were all in our goodness class, and the bell rang. We all got up, but Fairy Godmother stopped us.

"Children, excuse me, but, um, as you know, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. Because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat," said Fairy Godmother.

She turned on the monitor in the front of the room, and it was...our parents. They were in the living room of our home. Mals mom was trying to turn on the TV. I walked to the front of the group because I was the shortest, and stood close to Evie.

Soon they got the screen turned on.

"Evie, Quinn! It's mommy! Oh, look how beautiful you two are. You know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I smiled at my mom, and so did Evie.

"You mean the weeds?" Maleficient said, ripping away my smile.

"Ugh, who's the old bat?" Cruella shouted.

"This is Fairy Godmother," answered Mal.

The adults bickered and we consoled Fairy Godmother a bit. Who cared if they were mice, though?

Mal talked to her mom for a bit, and Carlos and his mom fought. Soon all of our parents started to argue, and Jay shut the monitor off, having enough of it. I hugged myself.

"I'm so sorry," Fairy Godmother said.

"Thanks for the special treat," Jay said, and we all grabbed our stuff and walked out.

"M," Evie looked at her worriedly, "what do you think our parents are gonna do to us if we don't pull this off?"

Mal thought about it. "I think they will be quietly disappointed in us but ultimately proud of us for doing our best."

"Really?" Carlos questioned.

"No, I think we are definitely goners."

~Sunday, Family Day~

We all walked outside together, looking at all of the happy, reunited families. It was so bright and cheery, too. I would normally find it disgusting, but now it seemed normal.  Ugh, Auradon better not be rubbing off on me.

When we got down to the courtyard, Jay and Carlos found the chocolate fountain and basically playing in it. I stood with Evie as Mal went to meet Ben.

"So," I started asking Evie, " how's it going with Dopey?"

Evie blushed a bit. "His name's Doug, and nothing is going on."

"Is that why you're blushing?" I asked, smirking.

She just smiled, turning redder, and turned away.

~the crochet game~

I stood with Evie as we talked to Queen Belle. This was crazy. Us!talking to Queen Belle!

"So, how are you two liking Auradon?" Belle asked us. I looked at Evie, and she smiled.

"Well, I like it," she said quietly. Belle smiled.

"How about you?" Belle asked me.

"I'm still getting used to it, but, I mean, I kind of like it, too," I said, looking down at my feet. I wasn't lying. Feeling self conscious, I busied myself with studying what I was wearing. I'm in red flats and a blue dress Evie sewed for me.

"I'm very glad to hear it," Belle said. I looked up at her and gave a sheepish smile. Wait, me? Smiling at the queen? This was a weird day. Suddenly, I heard a yell behind me and turned.