𝓷.ineteen

KAGEYAMA TOBIO

KAGEYAMA TOBIO

i woke up with the familiar scent my nose has been longing for

i woke up with the familiar scent my nose has been longing for. how am i here?

when i got hit by the ball a few moments back, i saw how the team panicked, how reo and yamaguchu brought me to the clinic, but why am i here in my room?

with my eyes fully open, i sat on my bed, rubbing my head to try to ease its throbbing pain.

"what the–" the sight of my room has shocked me, waking me up fully.

"hell?" i continue as i recognize a familiar figure sleeping by the floor.

i scoff.

"why is there a trespasser in my room?" i ask, crossing my arms in front of my chest as i stare at her.

no words. i just stared at her face the whole time, not until i noticed her fingers moving. i diverted my sight out of her and let a sigh out.

"oh. you're awake?" she asks, slowly getting up while rubbing her eye.

"do you see me sleeping?" i ask, earning a smack from her.

"for the love of god, tobio-kun." she shakes her head, heading out of my room, leaving me confused. where is she going?

minutes passed by and she came back with a cup of hot milk on her hand, yawning. have i troubled her?

"how was the game? who brought me here? aren't you supposed to be home as of now? why did you sleep on the flo–"

"hold your horses there, buddy. i wasn't even able to answer the first question and there's already a follow-up." she says, putting a finger on my lips, shutting me up.

"the game went well and we won. i got help from daichi-san. you were as heavy as a building for the two of us, by the way." she says, handing me the cup of hot milk.

"and i stayed to take care of you, dummy. at least be thankful that someone looked after you for the whole day." she clicks her tounge before rolling her eyes, sitting on the floor, making some of my blood raise up onto my cheeks because of the sentence she stated.

"you really shouldn't have." i reply, sipping onto the milk.

"are you saying that i should abandon you on a situation like this, kageyama?" she asks with her eyebrow raised.

i shiver under the covers. She surely gets really, really scary when she uses my last name.

"i mean, i troubled you enough, didn't i? i wasn't really feeling so good this morning and then i got hit by a ball. i got sent to the clinic and you watched over me the whole day and now you're here in my room, still taking care of me. how can you care about me so much?"

my continuous sentences made her stare at me directly onto my eyes like a hawk and i can't deny but to feel a bit of fear with her look.

"why ask me with that, though? trouble me or not, i'd still willingly take care of you." she said, giving out a naive expression that i never expected she would give.

with those words she had said, my heart started to beat faster than a race between a pile of horses.

what is this impact your words are giving me, reo?