𝓽.wenty nine

OIKAWA REO

OIKAWA REO

"reo-chan, nice serve!" atsumu, my teammate, yells before i serve the ball

sighing deeply, i delivered the ball towards the opposite court with such force, only to be received by osamu.

"cover!" osamu yells towards his teammate, running up to the attack line.

as hoshiumi-san tossed the ball towards osamu's direction, atsumi and i jumped for the block, completely shutting osamu's spike down, thus earning us a point.

"nice one, oikawa-chan!" hoshiumi-san yells, raising his hand for high five.

"doesn't oikawa-chan sound awkward to you, hoshiumi-san?" i ask, giving him a high five.

"alright, then! first name basis!" he smiles, sitting down beside the twins on the sideline.

"did i you guys out? i'm sorry." i apologize, slightly bowing my head towards their direction.

"n-no! 'ya didn't, reo-chan!" atsumu quickly assures.

"besides, you look worn out more than we do. are you sure you don't wanna take a break for a while?" osamu, gulping on his drink.

"i'm fine." i reply, staring at the ball on my hands.

"do you feel uncomfortable with the clothes miya lent you?" kourai-kun suddenly says, earning a smack from the golden yellow-haired male.

"no. these are better." i answer as i look on what i was wearing. a plain black t-shirt and a pair of shorts and volleyball shoes with just my size. unlike the shorts, the shirt was a bit bigger than me, so i had no choice but to tuck it in.

"i'll work on my serves now." i say with no emotions at all and did not bother to wait for an answer from the 3 boys.

for every ball that i successfully deliver onto the opposite court, my mind starts to fly away from its nest, causing me to stop my business.

though i could hear the voice of the boys by the sidelines, my mind didn't bother to come back to its usual place. what happened today had me weak and sad that i just want to throw these balls towards tobio and akira's face.

the friendly date i was supposed to have with him suddenly became theirs. it was the only time i get to hang out with someone dear to me because we don't have much time to go out and have fun with just the two of us.

and that girl, haruka akira, has the guts to call me something inappropriate when she knows for herself why she's been transferred out of nekoma high. pathetic.

gritting my teeth, i tossed a ball and served it towards the opposite court with an extreme force. too extreme that it has hit the wall and before i even knew, it has hit my face and i fell on the floor with a great impact on my back, but it has no effect to me at all. i'm an idiot. it's normal for me to be hit by the ball.

"bakayaro! don't 'ya ever try serving that kind of serve if 'ya want to release 'yer anger!" i hear atsumu yell directly onto my ear as he helped me sit down.

"kourai-kun, please spike a ball towards my face." i ask for a request, only earning a smack from osamu.

"no way in hell i'd do that." he disapproves, making me frown.

"if this is what gets to you over a broken heart, i'm going to make sure your brother will bury kageyama alive." he says with a dark glare.

"kageyama's causing all of this, huh?" kourai-kun asks with his eyebrows raised.

"wipe 'yer nose with these, dammit!" atsumu yells once again, handing me some tissue and i did what i was told.

"a piece of advice, why don't you tell him, reo-chan? i mean, yeah, he has a girlfriend, but it's still possible for you to confess what you really feel towards him instead of doing such reckless things because you're hurt." he explains with a smile.

"and i'm sure that kageyama will understand! besides, he's your childhood friend. perhaps, he can lend a few minutes for you, not unless he's too whipped for that girl." he adds.

i nod towards him.

"i'll do what you said by tomorrow, i guess." i sigh, staring ay my hands intertwined.

i'm finally going to say it.

but i don't think it will turn out the way everyone hopes to be.