𝓽.hirty four

KAGEYAMA TOBIO

KAGEYAMA TOBIO

"you know what, kageyama, you're such a jerk

"you know what, kageyama, you're such a jerk." hinata, taking a sip on his drink.

"shut up. that's like rubbing salt to the wound." i reply, rolling my eyes.

"i didn't. stop changing the topic." hinata says, smacking my arm.

"did i smack you, boke!?" i yell towards him angrily.

"it means to make something that is already difficult, unpleasant, or painful even worse. it's an idiom, shrimp. seriousky, listen to the lessons you're taking." i hear tsukishima butt in and a small giggle from yamaguchu, but their expressions changed when i took a glance towards them.

they looked furious and like they could kill me in a snap.

i sigh.

"whatever the meaning is, you're a jerk, kageyama. a big meanie." hinata glares towards me.

"h-hey, lay off a bit. besides, it's pretty obvious that kageyama-kun knows his mistake." yachi blurts out, approaching us.

"as he should." tsukishima snaps, clicking his tounge together with yamaguchi.

"fine. i admit that i'm at fault, okay? but what she said just sounded wrong to me. it seemed that way to me, like she talks bad stuff about akira in front of me just for her feelings to prevail, or sort of." i explain, scratching the back of my head.

"you're an idiot for actually thinking that Reo lied about those. you're her childhood friend, for crying out loud. you know her more than we do, yet you doubt her? pathetic." tsukishina says angrily, making me heave a deep sigh.

it's true. all that playgirl thing, it's true. but i believe that for every bad person, there's always something good inside of them.

"why don't you go and talk to her about it? apologize, at least." hinata suggests.

"i doubt that it would be good for the both of them to talk as of now. in the mean time, let reo mend her broken heart first, at least." tanaka-san says, surprisingly showing up in the middle of the circle of us first years.

"we can all tell that her heart broke, even before the talk happened, so i guess this is not the time." he adds, crossing his arms on his chest.

all of us remained silent and we just gave tanaka-san a stare, and i knew that gave him the chills, so he called sugawara-san out.

"suga-san! help me out here, please! these first years are scaring me!" he yells towards sugawara-san's direction.

"what seems to be the problem here? please stop traumatizing your senior." sugawara-san says with his eyebrow raised.

all of us first years laying off, we all heaved out a sigh and looked away. the others walked away from the spot, yet i remained in my position together with the third year setter of ours.

"yes, we witnessed how harsh the conversation went, but we can't rewind everything and set everything right, you know. we'll just have to let it all past 'til it's over." sugawara-san says with a faint smile, but then turns to a frown once he diverted his eyes onto mine.

"kageyama, i get your point about all of this, but i am truly disappointed." he says with a stern look, sending shivers down my spine.

"i apologize." i say, bowing my head slightly towards his direction.

"shouldn't you be saying that to reo, though?" sugawara-san asks, making me shut up.

"i get it that you're mad for what she said and we all know that those words that came from yours and reo's mouth are unexpected, but it's still not right to yell towards a female, especially when she's too fragile." he shrugs, giving me a pat on my shoulder.

"but we can't do anything at this point. let's just wait 'til this is over. cheer up. i'm sure that is what reo will tell you in this kind of situation." he smiles.

"but one more thing, kageyama. mind if i ask you a question?" he asks, so i answered by shaking my head from side to side.

"you've been in that "love at first sight" situation with akira, right?" he asks.

"well, yeah. ever since she transferred here, i had my eyes on her." i answer.

"i see. before you sleep, i want you to ask this to yourself. is it love or infatuation?" he smiles, patting my shoulder once again.

"i promise, it'll help you a lot. now, let's get back to practicing!" he yells happily, pulling me towards the team.

love or infatuation, hmm?

i wonder.