Chapter 33

Conductive heat transfers from my curling wand to my brown locks, steaming as my hair curls around the large rod. I carefully wrap sections of hair around the source of heat, holding them loosely around the wand to form relaxed, bouncing waves that fall carelessly across my shoulders.

"Seems like a lot of work for dinner, babe," Logan lazily states. He's laying on my bed, already dressed, looking delicious in a dark pair of slacks and a charcoal button down.

"Sorry it doesn't take me two minutes to slick back my hair like you, you bum. Besides, I want to make a good impression on your parents. I want them... I want them to like me," I admit.

"Um, did you black out when my mom was fan-girling over you? I think you're good, babe. Plus, I love you, so they'll love you."

"I resent the implication that their love for me is dependent on your love for me. I'm quite lovely all on my own, thank you very much."

Logan laughs, "Of course you are, baby. Why don't we grab more stuff to bring to mine after dinner? I can't believe we had to come back to your apartment just so you could defy nature's intentions with your hair."

"Of course we had to come back to my place, Logan. You may have forgotten considering the fact that I've been sleeping over so often—but I live here—so my stuff is here."

My remark is met with silence, and the reflection in my mirror not only shows long waves of sleek brown hair, but also a pursed-lip Logan. Fortunately, I finish my hair quickly, only needing to curl a few more sections. Mindful to turn off the curling wand, I turn to grab the dress I have hanging on my closet door. It's semi-casual and appropriate in length, and its dark green material stretches nicely over my curves for a sweet but flirty look.

The fabric glides easily up my form, covering my black, lacy thong. The long sleeves dance sensually across my arms, the silky material soothing against my feverish skin—being almost-naked in front of Logan always sets me alight with anticipation.

"Zip me up, babe?" I ask, a little breathless.

An appreciative hum sounds from Logan's chest as he approaches me, eyes dark. His large hands wrap around my waist, pulling my back flush with his chest. He pulls my wavy locks to one side before placing soft, sensual kisses across my exposed neck. Each kiss sends shivers down my spine, his bated breaths dancing along my skin.

He zips up my dress slowly—purposefully—allowing his hand to graze against every inch of my exposed back. Once the dress is fully zipped, he pulls me flush against him once more, hugging me from behind. A pause.

"Lauren," he whispers, turning me around. His eyes find mine quickly, and their intensity is humbling.

I raise my eyebrow in response, provoking him to follow through with whatever salacious sentiment he has to offer.

"I... I know it's really soon, but I want you to know that whenever you're ready—I want you to move in with me. You don't need to do it now, I just wanted you to know that that's what I want—what I'm ready for. I wanted you to know that before Mia's transplant. Before things become even more chaotic. I didn't want you to think I was only asking out of convenience or obligation. So just... whenever you're ready, I'm ready. Okay?"

Sincerity shines like starlight in his eyes, gleaming like a bright beacon of hope and love. His words and earnestness make me slightly weak in the knees, and I'm not sure I am successful in hiding my shock.

Logan smiles softly, understanding painted across his handsome face. He pulls me in for a long, tender kiss. His tongue plays with mine, exploring, caressing, and tasting. His kiss is searing but sweet, exciting but full of emotion and comfort. He finally pulls away and places a sweet kiss to my forehead before whispering, "I get it. Whenever you're ready, baby. Whenever."