• 16 •

"Now, let's get started right away!" Midnight yelled out to calm down the raging students after Bakugo's pledge. "The first game is what you'd call a qualifier!"

"Does UA always does everything right away?"

"Seems like it."

Midnight continues. "Every year, many drink their tears here! Now, here is the fateful first game. This year it's..." A hologram appeared behind Midnight. A little box was in the middle of it as it roll down in a fast state. After a few seconds later, it stopped as a text appeared. "...this!"

"Obstacle race?" Hana murmured, trying to figure out what kind of race it is.

Midnight then started to explain. "All 11 classes will participate in this race. The course will be the outer circumstances if this stadium-- about four kilometers! Our school's selling point is freedom! As long as you are in the course, it doesn't matter what you do!"

She points at an open hallway entrance with a red outer wall. The students started to gather in front of it, getting ready for the race. While waiting, Hana was nervous at what is awaiting them. She knew she was strong, but the unknown scares her.

Since she wasn't allowed to use her second quirk, which she didn't plan too anyway, she had trained her ice quirk quite hard and come up with new moves that she wished to show right now. A countdown was seen on top of them starting off by three following the green lights.

One light shuts off.

Hana hears murmurs of people from different classes, saying how they would fail in this sort of event since they are surrounded with students from the hero course. She felt sorry and didn't know how to say to them as she kept quiet, pressing her lips together.

Two lights down.

The brunette scan around to see her classmates getting hype over the first event, a certain ash blonde glaring down the hallway in front of them as if it's a prey ready to be demolish. Weirdo. She then look up to wait for the light, ready for anything that comes to her.

"START!"

Just when Midnight yelled out, the students then started to run in towards the hallway, all cramped in between each other. Everyone was determine to reach out away from each other to continue on.

"Okay, here's the play-by-play!" Yamada yelled, feeling hype over the event starting. He turned towards his right side as he grin towards his fellow pro hero. "Are you ready to do the commentary, Mummy Man?"

"You're the one who force me to be here."

"Let's get started right away, Mummy Man. What should we pay attention to in the early stages?"

"This part right now."

Both Aizawa and Yamada watched the students by the security camera that was set inside the hallway they were in to see them shoving each other and being cramp in the once wide hallway.

"H-Hey!"

"Stop shoving!"

"This is too narrow!"

"Move it!"

Hana felt someone elbowed her stomach and sides and beginning to feel annoyed. She started to get tick off as she activate her quirk. A faded wave of her ice quirk appear under her feet as it slowly form a diamond shape board made out of ice. Just when she was about to use the board a sudden wave of coldness passed her and the others, resulting most of them getting stuck from the ice below. Todoroki bolted in front of them after freezing them from the feet, advancing away from them.