Chapter 3

Kim was off for the day and had an idea to go for a ride down to the Hamptons and spend the day at the beach. Starbucks and a bagel with raspberry creak cheese was road food. She was a healthy vegan who took her health seriously and wouldn't budge on it. Once she set her mind to something that was that! That included men. I recall one time we were at college and she and I had a thing for the same guy. Mr tall dark and handsome. He was my type she flirted with him and that was all I needed. She captured hiss heart I wasn't about to inter fear with love. He was the love of her life, he treated her like a queen. Only one problem, he cheated and that pissed me off. That was rule number one between us, you chest, game over! No second chances! She took it hard and thought instead of being down about him, I will hole my head up and get over you by painting the town red . Get your hair done and make yourself feel amazing so that you never need the approval of any man. From tat day on , she swore no man would ever be the reason she would doubt herself again.

On the way to Louisiana, I called her and wanted to see if she still wanted me to come down. K" you kidding me? Of course I have a weakened planned for us and everything ". Me" you always have to plan? ". K" I live my life in order that's why I never have bumps in the road baby doll". I admired her way of life. That's why she was living the high life. Sue earned everything she had. Nothing was handed to her. Not one thing. Me" so where are you now?". K" on my way to the Hamptons to chill on the beach it's beautiful out right now ". Me " thats good! In headed to see family soon and hopefully get to do without the usual drama ". K" in your family that's never gonna happen just letting you know now, my phone will be on so if your mom and aunt drive you nuts I'm here ". I laughed and thought well hell she's right!

We hung up and I got to the final exit almost there! I'm gonna need a drink after this day. Annnnnd I'm here! Still looks the same as I remember it. My aunt stepped out of the house and greeted me with a smile. Maybe it was gonna be a good day after all. We shall see. A" welcome home honey we made BBQ come eat you skinny dang thing you ". Her back yard was filled with family I'd hadn't seen in a very long time.

Next few hours I got lots of cheek pinches and fed beyond my capacity. It felt like home though. My phone was in my purse in the house when I kissed Kim's call. The messaged played like this " hey doll so I'm at the Hamptons and there's this man here and oh dear god he's gorgeous! I think that he's gonna ask me to dinner ! We just met but oh he's so charming has a house next door to the beach! He's to good to he true, anyways I'm gonna fill you in when I get back ! Bye have fun with family ! love you ".

Ah no more food! Drink is an order! I listen to her message and sat back and looked over some photography schools. That was my dream! One day I was gonna be famous one day!