t w o

"hey y/n." a deep voice said, standing in front of my desk. "hi." i said uninterested, continuing to write down the notes from the board. "it's jeno." he giggled, "can i, uh, borrow a pencil?" he added.

wait, it's jeno. lee jeno. captain of the basketball team. a boy i wrote a love letter to.

"o-oh! um, sure!" i responded and searched my pencil case and eventually found a pencil, handing it to him with a smile. "thanks, y/n." jeno said with his eye smile, ruffling the back of my hair softly before walking back to his friend's table.

lee jeno. i met him in year 5. minji got invited by her crush, jaehyun, he was captain back then. everyone liked him in one way or another, and he knew it.

since minji had connections with jaehyun, we were allowed to sit with their bags and such. jaehyun would go up to minji when he needed water, she would give him his bottle.

not realising i was supposed to know who owns what, when jeno came up to me all sweaty, obviously thirsty, i panicked in front of him and gave him a random bottle. he laughed at me told me that that wasn't his bottle.

~flashback to year 5~

"hey minji, can i have my water please?" jaehyun said, running to the side of the court - minji scooting over, making space for jaehyun. "of course." minji responded and handed him his water bottle.

"you're really... um, good, you know? at basketball?" minji said hesitantly. "thanks, minji." he chuckled and put his bottle on the ground, gently stroking tips of her hair. minji giggled as he smiled down at her.

"hey, can you pass me my bottle?" a voice said to me, snapping me back into reality. "u-uh, s-sure." i panicked, grabbing the nearest bottle near me and handing it to him. he took a quick glance at the bottle and chuckled lightly.

"that's chenle's bottle."

"oh. s-sorry, uh, i don't k-know which is yours. i a-also don't know your n-name." i stuttered nervously, moving over to make space for him.

"well..." the boy said while sitting down. "my name is jeno, and this one is my bottle." he said with an eye smile.

oh my god. why is he so cute??

"my name is y/n." i smiled and ran a hand through my hair. "pretty name." he complimented, as he leaned against the wall. "thank you." i blushed lightly. "oooh she's blushing~" minji teased along with jaehyun teasing jeno about making me blush.

~flashback ends~

gosh, it was fun being a child.

"ms l/n? what is the answer to the question?" the teacher asked, tapping on the board aggressively. quickly, i scanned the annoying maths question written on the whiteboard before giving an answer. "correct. please pay more attention and have the answer ready quickly." she said before continuing on with the formula.

eventually the bell rang, dismissing everyone for lunch. i began walking to the cafeteria, meeting minji and haru at our usual table.