e l e v e n

"it's so pretty here. " i smiled beside chenle, staring at the playground filled with children, their laughter filling the air. "it is, isn't it?" i asked him, looking at him this time. "it is very pretty." he smiled.

"can you believe that one time we were doing that?" chenle said, putting his hands in his pockets. "what do you mean?" i wondered, still looking at the happy children. "like, at one point in our lives, we were just like them. we were children who acted like children, we played on playgrounds without a care in the world. everything seemed... so much easier." he finished.

you're right, chenle. we did play on playgrounds without a single care in the world. however, when i turned eleven, i fell in love with you. maybe i didn't fall in love with you for more than two years, but i knew that i had fallen in love with you.

"yeah, but we were children. we had so much fun back then." i smiled. "lets go on the swings?" chenle asked excitedly and before i could even reply, he was already running to the swings.

i begin to follow him before sitting on the swing beside him and started to move.

"what time do you have to be home
y/n?" chenle asked me. "i told johnny i'd be home at 6 or 7." i explained. "it's 5:30, we should head back." chenle suggested, "maybe we can watch a movie at your place." he added and i happily accepted.

when we rode our bikes home, we came home to johnny cleaning the house, using the loudest vacuum on the planet. we decided to part ways at my door.

"hey y/n." jaemin, our neighbour, greeted while taking out the trash. "hey jaemin." i responded, walking towards him. "did you have a nice day?" he asked, putting the black rubbish bag into the bin. "i did, chenle and i went on a bike ride today." i explained, fiddling with the strap of my bag. "aww, invite me next time!" he pouted.

i can't do that jaemin, it'd be too much for me. two of my heartthrobs? all three of us together?? i'd faint as soon as i see them together.

"next time, jaemin. i'll see you monday?" i asked, walking towards my door. he nodded while giving me a wave before i headed inside.