thirty three

y/n's pov
"i need to see chenle." i said hurriedly,  rushing to grab my phone. "guys, hang out for a while." i smiled and minji and jaemin before running to my bike and riding to school (school isn't that far away), knowing chenle would have basketball practice at this time.

i ran into the school, out of breath when i reached the front doors of the basketball court. pushing the doors open, my eyes wandered the empty court for a sign of anybody. i sighed heavily when no one was running across the court.

i fucked up with chenle. i wish i could take all of it back, everything would've been fine i broke the contract and told him how i truly felt about him. if i told him i liked him earlier, we would've been happy together, happier than we are now.

jaehyun told me he hasn't been the same, he doesn't play the same way he used to, he didn't talk to them for a few days, he was different, completely different.

"are you looking for someone?" a voice pulled me out of my thoughts, i turned towards them, it was jaehyun. "where's chenle?" i asked desperately, jaehyun's lips formed into a small smile. "he's in the boys locker room right now. come with me, i'll get him." jaehyun said gesturing towards him, j followed him and waited outside their locker room.

"who is i- y/n?" the voice i've been waiting to hear so long. chenle's voice.

"chenle. i just wanted to say i'-"
"i'm sorry. i just... need to hold you." chenle grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his chsst, tucking his head between my neck and shoulder. we stayed like that for a few minutes, my heart beating rapidly, only calming down when he pulled away.

"so, um, why? why are you looking for me?" chenle asked, leaning against the wall. "oh! i, uh, wanted to talk to you." i explained, taking a deep breath before speaking again.

"chenle, when we weren't together, i realised so many different things. nothing felt the same knowing i wasn't your fake girlfriend, i wasn't happy without you. what i need you to know is that i like you, zhong chenle, and not in a fake way." i confessed, getting lost in his sparkling eyes.

"i need to say something too. the reason why i went to liwei's room that night was to tell her that it was over between her and i... because i'm in love with you y/n, only you." chenle said, leaning towards my face, close enough that our lips touched. "god, i missed you." i smiled before closing the gap between us, snaking my arms around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist.

i pulled away to laugh out of joy, being of the arms of someone i love.

"come on, i'll drop you home." chenle smiled, pecking my head and walking out of the school. i giggled at the feeling, leaning my head onto his shoulder.

so this is what love is.