thirty two

"i sent the letters."

"you what?! do yoh know how much chaos you've caused in my life?!" i yelled as she tried to hold in her laugh. "i'm sorry! i'm sorry! it's just, you were always so lonely, and i knew you wrote the letters, so i sent all of them!" minji explained in a rush, letting out a scream as i lifted one of the cushions to hit her.

"so you just sent all seven of them?!" i asked, chasing her into the kitchen. "this bit sounds stupid, but i thought seven chances at a boyfriend was better odds!" the girl reasoned, choking as she screamed and laughed.

"whoa, whoa, whoa! what the fuck is going on here?" jaemin said, alerting both minji and i that he was inside. "how'd you get in??" i questioned, tilting my head in confusion. "spare key under the mat." he smiled.

"anyways, why are you chasing her with a pillow?"

minji and i let out a sigh before walking back to the living room and explaining to jaemin that minji had sent out all seven of my love letters because she thought seven chances at a  boyfriend was safer than getting rejected immediately.

~

"y/n, i'm gonna head down to the convenience store to get some stuff, i have to drop something off at another friend's place. i'll be back in a while." minji said as i hummed in response, closing the door on her way out.

"y/n, can you explain to me everything with you and chenle? why you guys broke up?" jaemin asked, turning his body to face me. "okay." i inhaled and exhaled before talking again.

"so chenle and i, we weren't a real couple. we were fake dating to cover up my real crush, you, while he fake dated me because liwei is his ex girlfriend, who dumped him for some other reason. he thought that if she saw hin with me, it'd make her wanna get back together with him because he still loved her.

the reason why we broke up was because, saturday night during the field trip, we made out in public. later that night, after he walked with me back to the hotel, he slept in liwei's room. he claimed that nothing happened, but he really shouldn't have been there in the first place." i finished, pulling a pillow into my lap.

"wow. that's a lot." jaemin chuckled. "but seriously y/n, you can't just sit upstairs in your room writing love letters all the time. you need to tell people how you feel and when you feel it." he advised. "you're right on that one jaemin. i guess it'd be nice if i'd be the one receiving the love letters."

"y/n, these are for you." a voice said, it was minji. "i thought you were out?" i asked in confusion. "i was, no one was home." she laughed. "you were always throwing these away, so the ones you showed me, i kept them in your hatbox." she admitted, giving me my hatbox that used to have my letters.

"dear y/n,
everyone was impressed by your presentation in lit, but especially me. i love having a smarty-pants fake girlfriend." i felt a smile appear on my face as i read a few more notes. "you sure you still haven't received a love letter yet?" jaemin asked, his lips forming a smile.