twenty nine

y/n's pov
"y/n, can we talk?" the boy in front of me asked, i glanced back at the boys to see their eyes attached to the television. "not here." i said, shutting the door as i followed him outside.

"look, y/n, nothing happened between liwei and i." chenle said, desperately wanting me to understand. "no, what happened was that you went to her room in the first place." i pointed out carelessly.

"yeah but liwei and i dated for so long, we have history, not all of that is gonna go away." chenle reasoned. "chenle, i'm tired of being second best or fake best or-"

"no, no, no, you do not get it. what we did at the picn-"

"what we did at the picnic was a mistake. look, i know physical stuff might not be a big deal to you, but to me it is." i whispered sadly, feeling my heart fall lower and lower into my stomach. "who says it's not a big deal to me?!" chenle yelled loudly. "says every single guy on the bus! clapping and praising you like a god, and you're just eating it up!" i shouted back, my eyes filled with tears.

"okay, look, i-"

"chenle, just leave." i begged, letting my arms fall to my sides. "can we just go insi-"

"she asked you to leave buddy." jaemin called out from behind me, catching both chenle and i's attention. "jaemin, go inside, i'm fi-" "no it's okay."

"no fucking way- this isn't about liwei and i, this is about you and jaemin! are you kidding me? this is the reason you broke up with me? cause you're still in love with this... weirdo?!" chenle shouted angrily, throwing his hands in the air. "if y/n broke up with you, it's probably because she came to the life alerting revaluation that she's too good for you!" jaemin yelled back.

"whoa, whoa, what's going on here?" jaehyun said from the porch, followed by johnny and the others behind him. "damn, y/n, how many boyfriends do you have?" mark laughed from behind johnny, earning a slap on the shoulder from johnny. "y/n, finish whatever the fuck is going on here, then come inside and explain." johnny instructed before pulling all the boys back inside.

"chenle, go home!" i yelled, too tired to keep fighting. "god, you were never... second best." chenle said lastly before getting into his car and driving off. "i'm sorry, y/n." jaemin sighed before walking back to his house. i walked back into the house.

"y/n, wait!" jaehyun called as i rushed up the stairs and into my room, shutting the door as i sobbed hard enough to fall asleep.