f i f t e e n

(henlooo, i hope this ones good 😀)

"so, y/n. i just wanted to talk to you about the... letter situation." chenle began. oh shit.

"sorry, it's just, i don't really think it took back the first time. my girlfriend, back in china, we broke up the same week i came here, so i'm kind of not-" "chenle, are you trying to reject me right now?" i asked, finally making eye contact with him. "if you put it in that way, i guess i a-"

"zhong chenle, i'm not trying to date you." i said, shaking my head. "see, i would believe you but in the hallway, earlier today, you said something different?" he replied, it sounded more like a question rather than a response. "i only kissed you so that someone else wouldn't think i liked them." i explained, earning a confused look from the boy beside me.

"who was it?"
"what?"
"tell me, who was he?"
"it was jaemin. he also got a letter so you can see how embarrassing that would be."
"hold up, you wrote two letters?" he asked. i nodded calmly. "wow. really thought i was special, turns out she wrote letters to two people." chenle sighed, taking a sip from his chocolate milkshake.

"actually... i wrote seven, so don't go feeling to special." i admitted with a chuckle. chenle coughed before speakimg. "you wrote seven love letters?" i hummed in response, taking a sip from my own drink. "who else did you send them to?" he questioned, leaning his arm on the counter.

"why do you want to know?" i asked, facing him again. "i'll just go on believing you have a secret tattoo of my face." chenle said sarcastically, although it wasn't too obvious. "okay, fine. huang renjun, lee jeno, lee haechan, park jisung-"

"you know he's gay right?"
"you don't know that."
"everyone knows that. who else?"
"there's you, jaemin and mark lee." i finished, sipping from my drink. "mark lee? isn't that your brother's best friend?" i nodded in confirmation. "that's a bit... odd." i hummed in response before pulling money out of my wallet and putting it on the table before standing up.

"wait, isn't that your bike outside? the blue one?"
"it is." chenle sighed and shook his head before calling an uber for us.

~

"bye, chenle!" i said, getting out of the car as fast i could after thanking the driver. "wait! y/n!" chenle called, causing me to spin on my heel. "what if we let them believe that we're dating?" the boy suggested, eyes glowing from hope. "w-what? why? what would you get out of it?" i asked.

"liwei said she'd move here since her parents said they needed to move for their jobs. she said she'd attend our school. yesterday, she posted on her instagram of her at the airport." chenle explained. "so if i made her jealous by being with you, we'd both get something out of it." he reasoned.

"chenle?"
"yeah?"
"i'll message you."

messages
chenle?

what's up y/n?

let's do it.