t h r e e

i said my goodbyes to minji as i walked into the art room. sitting down in my usual seat, i looked around the classroom for anybody i knew, failing to find anyone.

anyone except for him.

jaemin. na jaemin.

the young boy noticed my presence across the room, locking eyes with me before walking towards me, causing to look down at my desk. wait, why the he walking to me?

"hey, y/n." jaemin smiled, looking down at me. "hi... jaemin." i responded hesitantly. "lonely?" he asked, gently tapping on my art book. "yeah," i chuckled, "minji and haru aren't in this class." i added. i swear i saw stars in his eyes.

"come with me then. you can hang out with us from now on." he smiled, tapping my shoulder. "w-what? why?" i asked, confusion written all over my face. "so you aren't lonely in this class. so from now on, you aren't lonely in this class, ever." he said, picking up my books and walking back to his group, causing me to stand up and follow him.

holy shit, i'm sitting with na jaemin.

"hey... y/n right?" mark said. oh my god, he remembers my name. "y-yeah." i answered. "why is she here?" johnny, my brother said, ruffling my hair. "just let her stay with us. she's lonely here, minji and haru aren't here." jaemin reasoned.

"you're not stealing my best friends, y/n. got that?" johnny said, lightly hitting me with his notebook. "i won't~" i responded with sarcasm, causing the rest of the boys to laugh.

the door opened once again, causing me to look over. it was jisung, my childhood friend. another non-recipient of one of my letters.

"y/n!" jisung said loudly in the middle of the classroom, running up to me and engulfing me in a bear hug. "why are they hugging? in the middle of the art classroom?" taeyong asked, confusion written on his face. johnny began to explain how we were childhood friends.

then we got closer and closer and closer.

"were you always in art?" i ask, pulling away and sitting down in my seat. "i got transfered today, actually." jisung said, sitting beside me.

"alright, class!" the teacher exclaimed loudly as he entered the classroom, gathering everyone's attention. "find a partner around you, work out whose house you'll work at because this semester, the project is a portrait of your partner." he explained.

"this won't be one of those drawings or paintings that result in a stick figure. i expect a realistic portrait of he or she, in colour. once the representation is completed, you will point out the features of your partner's face. freckles, sharper nose, lighter skin, little things. you'll need at least 6 - 12 points." teacher finished.

after everyone began walking to their friends, confirming that they'd be in a group, the teacher noticed how sensible some students would be together. so he changed his mind.

how did i know? he yelled loudly... again.

"nope! stop that!" he yelled, pointing at the most sensible group in the entire class, knowing what would happen.

"i'm choosing your partners. thats the end of it." he stated firmly, earning groans from everyone. he began to pair students together, writing the names down so no one could lie about their partners. paitently, i waited for my name.

then he said it.

"hmm, seo y/n and... na jaemin."