s i x t e e n

(tea time:])

y/n's pov
today's the day i agreed to become chenle's fake girlfriend. i'm worried because i don't know it'll go.

during recess, i went over to the basketball court, knowing that he'd be there. i sat at the benches near their stuff and began to eat my carrots and begin reading my book.

midway into the chapter, i was interrupted.

"hey y/n." chenle smiled, grabbing his water bottle. "hi chenle." i smiled, offering a carrot, he shook his head as his teammates walked over. jeno and mark were also a part of the group. "what's going on here?" jaehyun smiled, leaning on the wall.

"just saying hello to my girlfriend." chenle smirked, grabbing my hand and rubbing his thumb over it. what, i-

"girlfriend?! since when did you get a girlfriend? and since when was it y/n?" mark said with a shocked expression, jeno looked at me with a confused look before looking at chenle then back to me.

"i've got my ways, don't i y/n?" chenle replied, placing his water bottle beside his bag. i hummed in response, if i opened my mouth, i probably would've screamed.

"boys! practice finishes early today! i've got a meeting to go to!" the coach yelled, hurriedly running out of the court. the boys nodded, knowing he wouldn't see them.

"wait, are you guys really, like together?" mark questioned after packing all of his stuff into his bag. i nodded, handing chenle his water bottle to pack into his bag. "prove it." jaehyun challenged. what? oh no, shit.

"fine." chenle smirked, jumping over the bench and leaning in. before i could even comprehend what he was doing, i felt myself kiss back.

"alright! alright! we believe! jesus- get a room, oh my god!"

chenle pulled away, laughing at their expressions while i sat silently, blushing too hard for my own good. while the boys were talking, thoughts of jaemin and liwei flooded my mind.

what if i'm hurting jaemin by avoiding him?

what if liwei starts a fight with me? what do i do?

what happens if by the end of everything, i'll be heartbroken?

"y/n? babe?" chenle called out, gently placing his hand on mine. "are you okay?" he asked. i nodded with a smile and stood up, signaling that i was ready to go. "can we sit at the benches under the trees?" i asked and he nodded.

~

"i wanna go over our rules when we're fake dating. so, let's make a contract." i suggested while he sit down beside me, facing the field while i faced the table. "rules? why do we need rules?" chenle sighed before standing up and sitting on the other bench across the table.

"chenle, i've never had a boyfriend before. i don't want my first times to happen during a fake relationship. so, please, don't kiss me unless you tell me and i say yes." i said, writing 'no kissing' into my notebook.

"you know it's gonna be hard to convince people that we're dating when i'm not allowed to touch you." the boy reasoned, taking a sip from his bottle. "how about this. you can put your hand in my back pocket." i smiled. "hand in your back pocket? what the hell is that?" chenle laughed out of confusion.

"sixteen candles? it's the opening image." i said, shocked that he's never seen it. "alright! two more rules." he muttered a quiet 'what' before i explained. "you have to watch sixteen candles with me AND neither of us can tell anyone that this relationship is face, because that'd just be too humiliating for both of us." i reasoned.

"duh. first rule of fight club." chenle said, tapping his fingers onto the table - waiting for a reaction. "what?! you've never seen fight club?!" he exclaimed. i shook my head before writing both of the movies down.

"oh and i'll give you notes throughout the day. liwei used to be on me all the time about giving her notes - and i'm taking you to parties." i nodded before writing those down too.