Together: Pothena

This is a Pothena one-shot

The moment I came out of Zeus' head, I noticed a God. Black hair and Sea-Green eyes. I couldn't seem to take my eyes off him. In Zeus' head, my dark and empty world until someone let me out. I have never seen a smile so bright that it lights up my world.

I wanted him to notice me, for him to like me. But my dreams crumble many times. The first time is when we compete for Athens. Then when he brings Medusa to my temple. Okay, I'll admit it. I mostly turned Medusa to that monstrous thing because I was jealous. On second thought, also because Poseidon shouldn't have done that.

As time goes on, my view for him quickly changes. I used to see him as a nice person, good looking even. But times prove me wrong. I wanted so badly to tell him what I feel, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel it. I am scared of being rejected.

Ω Ω Ω

It was all proven wrong when Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus. I was in my room, quietly sobbing. I couldn't believe that I would give my daughter the mark of Athena. Stupid roman, messing with my personality. Annabeth fell in and I am so glad that Percy follows her.

I don't know what would happen if Annabeth was in there all by herself. She will probably lose her weapons when she falls into Tartarus and she might die don't there.

For the first time in forever, I am thanking Poseidon's child.

I was still sobbing when I heard a knock on my door. I thought it was just Artemis or Hestia so I softly told whoever is at the door. "Come in."

Poseidon comes in instead.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I was just checking on you," Poseidon said, surprising me.

"Why will you be checking on me?" I asked him. "You are probably happy that my daughter is going to die in that hell hole."

He gently put his arms around me. "Don't you forget, my son is also in there."

I guess I really wasn't thinking straight. I was just thanking Percy a few seconds ago and now I completely forget about him.

Under normal conditions, I would have killed him for even hugging me but I guess this isn't a normal condition. Both our children are in Tartarus and I hate to say it but it was my fault.

"Is my fault," I whisper to Poseidon. He brushes my tears away from my face as he shook his head.

"No, It is not your fault. Don't think like that."

"But it is," I cried even harder, soaking Poseidon's shirt. "If I haven't turn Arachne into a spider, she wouldn't have haunted my children. It is also my fault that I gave Annabeth the mark of Athena. If she hasn't had that, she wouldn't have gone to Rome and your son would have been safe."

"Those could be true," Poseidon whispered. "But I don't blame you for it. It is my son's choice to go with your daughter. You could not have known what he would do. Believe that. Don't let the guilt take over."

I try to believe him and as much as I hate him, I did. I have long buried my feelings for him deep in my heart but now those feelings are her again. I am a maiden goddess I try to tell myself. But as far as I know, it is not working.

We both started leaning in. One part of my brain told me, yes, this is what you have been waiting for. The logical side of my brain told me that I am a maiden goddess, I shouldn't fall in love. I shouldn't be close to a boy, must less kiss one.

But for once, I let my heart guide me. I felt soft lips on my and I deepened the kiss. Poseidon looks surprised but kisses me back with love.

Love that I have never felt from anyone. Love. I wanted it to last but we soon broke apart.

"Poseidon," I whisper. "We can't do this."

"I know," He said. "I want to tell you now that I have always love you but I never found the courage to tell you that."

"I love you too," I found myself telling him.

Ω Ω Ω

Poseidon and I have been dating for a few years. Percy and Annabeth also come out alive. The giant war also ends with us winning.

We could have dated forever but life keeps getting in our way. One time I caught Poseidon dating another girl. Okay, maybe they aren't dating but it looks like they are.

One day, I couldn't take it anymore. "Poseidon."

I took a deep breath. "Listen."

"I wanna say what's on my mind

There something about us,

That doesn't seem right, these days

Life keep getting in the way

Whenever we try to make a plan

is always rearrange

But I got to do It's so hard to say

But I've got to do what's best for me

You'll be okay

I've got to move on and be who I am

I just don't belong here

I hope you understand

We might find a place in this world someday

But at least for now

I gotta go my own way"

He looked at me shocked but I flashed away before I heard what he said. Now I know why I shouldn't fall in love. It will always hurt, in the end.

Ω Ω Ω

Me and Poseidon haven't talked to each other since that day. I could see him trying to approach me many times but I always flashed away before he reached me.

I couldn't deny it, I still love him. No matter what he does, I always forgive him. I wanted so badly for our relationship to work out. I don't know if he felt the same way though.

"Athena?" I turned and saw Poseidon. I was currently in the Olympus' library.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He isn't the type of person that likes to read.

"I want to tell you something."

I crossed my arm. I have to admit, he looks really cute right now. I wanted to kiss him so badly right now. "Come on, we can talk at my house."

I hold out my hand and he took it. I flashed us back home.

The moment we were inside my house, I crushed my lips to his. He return the kiss.

"I never stop loving you Athena," Poseidon said. "I will forever and ever love you."

"I love you too!"

From that day on, we have never broken up again. Oh, and you guys are probably wondering about Ampitrite right? Well, according to Poseidon, they divorced. Our relation was soon out in the public.

No one really cares though. Now we have a good life, everyone is happy. We even became grandparents. Percy and Annabeth married and have a girl. Life couldn't be better.