Spring Waltz {Part I}: Pera

This is a Pera One-Shot

Part I

I couldn't believe myself. I married the worst husband in the history of worst husband. When I first married Zeus, he was nice. He was sweet. At first. But then he changes. He started cheating on me.

I was always there when he needed me. Where was he when I needed him?

Say you're sorry

That face of an angel

Comes out just when you need it to

I paced back and forth in our bedroom, waiting for him. He wasn't there. I want to believe he just has some work that he hasn't finished yet as King but I know, he was with another woman again.

I sighed in defeat and got into the bed, lying underneath the cover. I slip into the realm of Morpheus. When I woke up the next day, he still wasn't here.

As I paced back and forth all this time

'Cause I honestly believed in you

He is all I am holding on to. I never really want to be Queen. But at that time, I was just a carefree person. Zeus changes who I am. I am not heartless, I just don't want to be reminded of my husband's unfaithfulness.

I should have known how Zeus would be like. I could have married someone else, someone who is loyal and would never cheat. But I was stupid back then, thinking he would change. He was faithful for only the first two to three thousand years.

Holding on

The days drag on

Stupid girl,

I should have known, I should have known

I am not his princess, I am just an obstacle in his way of other women. My life is just a mess up fairy tale. He swept me off my feet at first, but then he completely ignored me.

Take now for example.

"Honey, where were you last night?" I asked Zeus when he entered the door.

"Nothing," He then continued walking toward the kitchen as if nothing happened.

I began to get angry. "Where were you last night?"

"None of your concern," He poured himself some coffee and walked toward the table. That's it. No good morning, no I'm sorry for cheating on you, no how are you doing today.

That I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale

I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,

Lead her up the stairwell

This isn't Hollywood, but it is Olympus. Olympus is big but most people know each other really well. Most people don't like me though, I don't have many friends around Olympus.

Now I know what I have to do. I pack a bag and leave through the back door. I used to dream about the world and I want to explore it. He promises me he would take me, but he never did. Now I have my chance.

This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,

I was a dreamer before you went and let me down

Now it's too late for you

And your white horse, to come around

I walked away from Olympus, but I still remember the time when I first met him. I stumbled across him and we ran into each other.

"You okay?" Zeus asked me. I nodded. He gave me a hand, pulling me up. I looked into his blue eyes and was instantly lost in them. They were so cheerful, so happy.

Maybe I was naive,

Got lost in your eyes

And never really had a chance

Zeus asked me out on a date and I agree. He looked at me with love unlike now. I fell in love with him. He returned my love and proposed. I, of course, agree. We have one of the biggest wedding Olympus ever seen.

My mistake I didn't know to be in love

Lots of people wanted to marry me at that time. I remember Zeus had to fight for me. He has to fight to get my attention.

You had to fight to have the upper hand

Before we were married, I dreamt about him. Us together, happily married. Our children will be running around, playing with each other.

I am the Goddess of marriage, I will never cheat on the person I am married to. Zeus, on the other hand, has been cheating on me after the first few thousands of years of not cheating.

I had so many dreams

About you and me

Happy endings

Now I know

I have been in the mortal world for a few months now. I looked at the wedding ring on my finger. I swear on the River Styx that I will divorce him the next time I see him. Thunder bloom overhead.

I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale

I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,

Lead her up the stairwell

That is what I did. I saw him walking around a park and I ran to him.

"Hera!" He shouted in delight. "I haven't seen you in a while."

I rolled my eyes at him. I took my crown off and my wedding ring off. I gave it to him. "I, Hera, goddess of mirage, hereby divorce Zeus, King of the sky."

I felt a bond I have felt with him for centuries disappears. Zeus looked at me in shock but I walked away from him.

This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,

I was a dreamer before you went and let me down

Now it's too late for you

And your white horse, to come around

"Please Hera," Zeus begged. "Give me another chance."

He was holding the crown and wedding ring in his hand. "I promise I won't cheat on you ever again."

And there you are on your knees,

Begging for forgiveness, begging for me

Just like I always wanted but I'm so sorry

"You are not the one for me," I told him. "You will never live up to your promise."

I walked away from him.

There are so many people I could choose from now. I am the Goddess of mirage so I have to be in a relationship. But I have three things my husband must be able to do.

To be loyal, to be handsome, and to treat me well and not be like Zeus, ignoring me half the time.

'Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale

I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well

This is a big world, that was a small town

I flashed away, the last thing I saw was Zeus' disbelieving face.

There in my rear view mirror disappearing now

It is too late for him, I know I will find someone who will love me. My soulmate is not him. No matter how he begged, I will not take him back.

And its too late for you and your white horse

Now its too late for you and your white horse, to catch me now

Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa

Try and catch me now

Oh, it's too late

To catch me now