The First And Final Bet: Pothena

AN: Okay everyone, another Pothena one-shot! But this time it's for the Camp Jupiter Forum!

I HATE Poseidon, was the only thought on Athena's mind as she paced around her palace. Her arms were swinging on a side and her grey dress was flying around as she paced. Her dark brown hair was tied in a messy bun and her intense grey eyes were a storm.

He burned one of her favorite books, took out her bookmark, and told her books are useless.

"Darling, are you okay in there," Aphrodite's sweet voice rang through her living room, breaking Athena's thoughts and making her madder than ever.

"What?" She snapped at the love goddess who took a step back.

"My," Aphrodite blinked her eyes at the sign of Athena in front of her. "Someone's in a bad mood."

"Yes," Athena snapped again. "Now leave or quickly tell me what you want!"

"I want to tell you that love isn't-" Aphrodite never finished her sentence. Athena dragged Aphrodite outside by her shirt and slammed the door in her face.

"Forget it," she shouted over the door.

"Rude," Aphrodite mumbled. Suddenly, a thought struck her as her ever changing color eyes sparkled in the sunlight. Her lips were twisted in a smirk before she knocked on Athena's door again.

"WHAT?" Athena snapped at her again.

"I want to make a bet," Aphrodite said sweetly, charmspeak laced in her voice. "And calm down, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that," Athena replied, quieter this time. She sat down on the sofa before gesturing for Aphrodite to continue. "And what bet would it be?"

"I bet you can't make Poseidon fall in love with you," Aphrodite said with an evil smirk. Athena slumped down on the sofa.

"Yeah, no," she replied immediately. "Find someone else to bother."

"Too scared?" Aphrodite asked rather sweetly.

"N-No," Athena shuttered but Aphrodite wasn't done yet.

"Afraid that you'll lose?"

"Of course not," Athena replied instantly. "I can do it."

"So you'll do the bet?" Aphrodite asked.

"If you also do a bet," Athena said with a smirk, her mind thinking of a good revenge. "I bet that you can't go without love for a week."

"Well then," Aphrodite swallowed, her previous thoughts all leaving her. "I'm betting that you can't make Poseidon fall in love with you in a week."

"You're own," Athena gave Aphrodite a glare before saying. "If you lose, you will never bother me with this again. If you win, I'll let you do whatever you want with me. If it's a tie, well, we'll never speak of it again."

"Fine," Aphrodite huffed. "I accept the deal."

"Swear in on the River Styx," Athena insisted.

"I swear on the River Styx to your terms."

"So do I."

They shaked hands before they both left the room, having to complete their task. Well, Athena is completing her task. Aphrodite was trying to reject love.

/

The same day, Zeus called an emergency council meeting. Everyone flashed in, an annoyed look on their face.

"Why did you call the meeting?" Poseidon asked, bored out of his mind. He wants to continue annoying Athena. To be honest, he had a tiny crush on her. Okay, maybe a little bit bigger than tiny because he may or may not have divorce his wife for someone that'll never love him back.