Was It Worth It?: Perzoe

AN: This is a Perzoë one-shot!

Summary: Zoë knew it was worth it when she saw Percy walked into the wood in search of her. She knew that it is worth it to sacrifice everything for this male. Because she knew that he would sacrifice everything for her as well.

Word Count: 1,888

Was It Worth It?

The snow fell heavily as Zoë walked out of Artemis' tent in search of a male of all things. She found him there, sitting with his friends, Grover. The snow in his raven black hair makes it looked like stars in a night sky. Zoë rolled her eyes at the thought.

"Percy Jackson," she said distastefully, studying the boy in front of her. Zoë had saw him fighting with her sword, and now she was wondering if he is worth carrying it. Or is he like Hercules, the no-good, cheating bitch. Her dark brown eyes met his sea-green eyes, that sparkle under the moonlight. Zoë shook her head again and continued. "Come with me. Lady Artemis wishes to speak with thee."

Percy stood up and looked at Zoë. They stood there for a while before Zoë started walking toward Artemis' tent, Percy following closely behind her. She doesn't know what to think of this boy. But she would give him a chance as she did to many boys before. None showed her that they are any different than Hercules, but maybe this boy, Percy, could prove her wrong.

/

Five shall go west to the goddess in chains,

One shall be lost in the land without rain,

The bane of Olympus shows the trail,

Campers and Hunters combined prevail,

The Titan's curse must one withstand,

And one shall perish by a parent's hand.

The prophecy spoke by the oracle, the mummy from the attic. The prophecy that spoke of Zoë's death. She would still go through. If it meant saving Artemis, she would go help her. Artemis gave her a new life, a new purpose, she owed her that much.

"Three and two," Percy had said. "Three hunters and two campers."

Zoë looked at the male in disbelief. But in the end, she agreed. She took Bianca and Phoebe while Thalia and Grover came along from camp. Phoebe couldn't come though, the twins of Hermes injured her.

All Zoë wanted to do is hunt the two males down but instead, she ignores Bianca and didn't choose another quester. The quest started fine until they ran into Percy. The male that's not supposed to be here. But in the end, Zoë let him stay and watched him as he put on the lion's coat.

/

Zoë closed her eyes when everyone was settled into the train. She couldn't sleep for a long time though. But when sleep finally found her, she had a dream, something she never had for a long time.

"Come on," a spirit that looked a lot like Artemis said as she ran forward. "Follow me!"

They arrived in the middle of the forest, surrounded by trees. A boy was sitting there, his eyes closed and he was fiddling with something. Zoë looked behind her for Artemis and was about to ask a question but no one was behind her.

"Hello, my star," the man said with a smile as he turned to look at her. She couldn't see him clearly, his face a little blurred. All she could make out is the bright sea-green eyes looking at her. Full of love. She wanted to argue that he got the wrong person but her voice and body seems to have a mind of their own.